Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Customer Support

Options

In August 2009, I took out my third year subscription to Bitdefender and downloaded Bitdefender 2009 onto my PC which is running XP

Initially it did not work and crippled my PC, at one occasion, it took 9 hours (Yes that's HOURS) from switching on my PC to being able to use it. It was eventually determined that Bitdefender did not like my ZoneAlarm firewall and so Bitdefender's advice was to disable ZoneAlarm. I then also had to uninstall Bitdefender 2009 in order that I could get use of my PC back.

I then had to upgrade the product I had to Bitdefender Internet Security 2009. It was a week without anti-virus software - even though Bitdefender had taken payment from me.

I had further issues with Bitdefender Internet Security deleting my e-mails without my authorisation. A poster on this forum said it was impossible to do that. Well I know when I see an e-mail in a webmail browser and I know when it does not download in to Outlook. I got e-mails in my inbox with no subject and no content. It can and did happen and to date no one has been able to tell me how to retrieve those e-mails. I have assumed them lost.

The disappearing e-mails only occurred after installation of Bitdefender Internet Security 2009

I think many people reading this will probably know what happens next ... on 24 August 2009, I was advised by Bitdefender that they had released Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 and, yes, their recommendation was to upgrade to that product.

The fact that I was asked to do that suggests to me that Bitdefender rolled out a product (Both BD2009 and BDIS2009) that was not properly evaluated and tested before it was released. I put that to Bitdefender and rather unsurprisingly, they did not answer or comment. Nor did they comment when I asked about the licence countdown being stopped until the matter was resolved.

I installed BDIS2010 and the problem of missing e-mails recurred, a point which I made to Bitdefender on 25 August 2009.

On 28 August 2009, Bitdefender advised that when they had solved the issue, they would extend the license key.

On 31 August 2009, they closed my forum topic without resolution being offered.

I therefore re-opened a fresh topic. I also forwarded those emails with no subject and deleted content to Bitdefender. They advised that they could not view them as they were corrupted ... well what corrupted them? Bitdefender Internet Security 2010 did as far as I am concerned. They were available in webmail and had both subject and content, there was nothing new on my PC other than Bitdefender Internet Security 2010.

I disabled the anti spam filter of Bitdefender 2010, because my own webmail filters did the job far better in that if it identified an item as spam it moved it to a spam folder. Outlook, downloaded my e-mail (that had already been subject to spam filter by webmail) only for Bitdefender to incorrectly identify some of it as spam and delete / corrupt it and it became irretrievable.

As far as I am concerned the Anti Spam should have been an integral part of Bitdefender Internet Security 2010. It should have worked and should not have deleted / corrupted my e-mails. It's a part of the product that did not work. The problem I had was resolved only by diabling Antispam.

I recently also had cause to contact Bitdefender with an issue regarding vsserv.exe and the fact that it was crippling my PC and making it almost unusable. The customer service representative did not seem very knowledgable of the product on which he was advising and when I asked how to do something that he had suggested, he chose to hang up.

Is that how you want to have your company represented?

My problem with vsserv.exe persists.

On 4 July 2010 I received an e-mail advising that my subscription was about to expire.

I e-mailed Bitdefender and advised them of the issues that I had had with their product in 2009 and that Alex Stanciu had advised me that my subscription would be extended in view of this. No response was forthcoming.

Around the same time, I put in a request for a password reminder for the forum in order that I could post it here. That way, when it is ignored, people can see it is being ignored and form their opinions of Bitdefender. It took 10 days for the password reminder to be sent (Whereas the forum message said it would be almost instantly).

On 14 July 2010, I posted on here asking about my subscription extension. It took 4 days to get a response.

In that response I was asked to forward my license key via PM to DanyDan.

Today is 28 July 2010. Despite sending another PM and a further 3 posts on the thread, nither Danydan nor any Bitdefender representative for that matter has responded.

Do you intend to honour your commitment to extend my licence or not?

Comments

• Could I please have a response to this enquiry.
  • gordow
    gordow ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Could I please have a response to this enquiry.

Good luck , i think all of the Bitdefender support group has gone on holidays at the same time or just don't give a ###### anymore.

I've had problems with BdAgent crashing every time i boot my computer , thus not knowing whether my computer is protected or not from the outside world ,, it updates , but does nothing automatically beyond that ,,no scans , no firewall , i have to add all my known programs to the firewall manually. This has been going on since the end of June.

After many emails the Bitdefender requested me to uninstall other programs that had been running quite happily alongside Bitdefender for the last 3-4 years and still nothing worked , DanyDan took over my ticket requesting that we meet up via chat so that he could check out my system , he did show up unannounced at 730am EST while my wife was on the computer and i was at work ,, stated to her that he would meet up with me at 430-500pm EST on chat to go over my system.

He failed to show ,, he also failed to respond to at least two emails and 2 pm's.

After ###### via the website form about a week or so after this no show , i received a email apologizing for the inconvenience and asked me to run the supporttool which they've had at least a dozen or so from me since this all began ,, i explained to them that they would have to give me an exact time when we were to meet as i would have to reinstall BD as i had to d/l a trial copy of Kaspersky's product so that i knew that i would be protected and also after they stated that there was BD support 24/7 ( even though one of DanyDan's emails stated that it was 900-1800 GMT Mon-Fri ) i suggested that the support for their N. American clients was nil.

Since that email on the 26th their has been no response ,, so don't hold your breath.

Now I'm being forced to look for a new Security product for my computer , while the other two computers in my house go along their merry way with BD working just fine for the next two years.

This absolutely is pathetic!

Also , why when i ticket is opened , you could have multiple tech's replying to it ,, shouldn't one handle it from beginning to conclusion?

Would it not make sense ,, that way you're not going over things multiple time's to many different people.

It would also be nice to have a email address to complain to instead of doing here on the forum or to the very people that the complaint is about.

• Lionet
    Options
    Good luck , i think all of the Bitdefender support group has gone on holidays at the same time

Now I'm being forced to look for a new Security product for my computer

Hi gordow,

I'm afraid most people have gone on holidays, DanyDan as well. Besides I will shut down my computers for two weeks and I hope that when I'm back no updates from any software providers will make a mess in my systems (XP Home & XP Pro)...

and of course i'm happy to have fifteen days off, far from my work and from computers too...

Now I'm being forced to look for a new Security product for my computer , while the other two computers in my house go along their merry way with BD working just fine for the next two years.

Why? Why don't you have any problems with the other two computers?

You have different hardwares? motherboard, proc and so on...

It can make the difference...

You have different software too?

I'm not a computer geek and my experience told me I can have issues with any software.

I have XP Home, XP Pro, different motherboard and proc on my two computers and I have had issues with several softwares such as:

microsoft office 2000 (yes it's a bit old)

microsoft office 2003.

my video soft (Pinnacle)

other software ACDSee, Paint Shop Pro.

... all of them before I bought BD soft... and after as well.

... and I have had no issue with BD's vsserv.exe like some people here but "grey balls" and deactivation services (I suspect WLM not to run smoothly with BD) especially on one computer.

Why? I don't know why I've had no problems with vsserv.exe...

I've had problems with BdAgent crashing every time i boot my computer , thus not knowing whether my computer is protected or not from the outside world ,, it updates , but does nothing automatically beyond that ,,no scans , no firewall , i have to add all my known programs to the firewall manually. This has been going on since the end of June.

OK. Try something else (if you want to keep BD soft).

Format the hard disk and reinstall only Windows soft and BD. Check the possible issues.

My BD soft works better (with less "grey" balls) on the computer I formatted the latter.

Besides the little we load the system the better.

Example: In the past, my internet provider modem was unable to run more than one hour. I looked for the reason six months along and found the reason in a second hand help book! - not in forums - the controller card on my motherboard could not fit this modem on a USB link (yes, I ran on a USB, not on ethernet)!

We can have issues too with any software.

Not to clean Bitdefender from its bugs. No. But I'm neither sure when the system break down where does it come from.

What about updates? It could fix a problem, It can create another one (especially new versions)

Windows softwares are good. (if it was so bad, I would only use Linux) and I keep XP as long as I can because of my old soft (AcDsee, PSP, and so on...)

Have a nice day everyone and quiet holidays!

:)

Lionet

• gordow
    gordow ✭✭
    edited July 2010
    Options
    Hi gordow,

I'm afraid most people have gone on holidays, DanyDan as well. Besides I will shut down my computers for two weeks and I hope that when I'm back no updates from any software providers will make a mess in my systems (XP Home & XP Pro)...

and of course i'm happy to have fifteen days off, far from my work and from computers too...

Ah the old everyone is on holidays line ,, b.s. ,, i've been trying to get this p.o.s. software back to where it was since the end of June.

Why? Why don't you have any problems with the other two computers?

That is why i've been trying to get the answers to this from BD tech support

You have different hardwares? motherboard, proc and so on...

It can make the difference...

You have different software too?

I'm not a computer geek and my experience told me I can have issues with any software.

I have XP Home, XP Pro, different motherboard and proc on my two computers and I have had issues with several softwares such as:

microsoft office 2000 (yes it's a bit old)

microsoft office 2003.

my video soft (Pinnacle)

other software ACDSee, Paint Shop Pro.

I've been running / upgrading / building systems since 1994 so though i don't claim to know everything , or even close to everything about computers ,, i'm not stupid when it comes to them ,,, so when i run into a problem , after years of not having a problem , i expect help from the people that developed the software to be able to help when needed ,, and it hasn't been a problem in the past.

... all of them before I bought BD soft... and after as well.

... and I have had no issue with BD's vsserv.exe like some people here but "grey balls" and deactivation services (I suspect WLM not to run smoothly with BD) especially on one computer.

Why? I don't know why I've had no problems with vsserv.exe...

OK. Try something else (if you want to keep BD soft).

Format the hard disk and reinstall only Windows soft and BD. Check the possible issues.

My BD soft works better (with less "grey" balls) on the computer I formatted the latter.

Besides the little we load the system the better.

Okay , for thanks for your input ,, but the last thing in the world i would do is uninstall my o/s and reformat my hard drive just to get one idiot piece of software to run. I'm not trashing my whole system , which is running fine , for one vendors product , they should be able to get you back up and running in good time without having you remove everything from your computer.

Example: In the past, my internet provider modem was unable to run more than one hour. I looked for the reason six months along and found the reason in a second hand help book! - not in forums - the controller card on my motherboard could not fit this modem on a USB link (yes, I ran on a USB, not on ethernet)!

We can have issues too with any software.

Not to clean Bitdefender from its bugs. No. But I'm neither sure when the system break down where does it come from.

What about updates? It could fix a problem, It can create another one (especially new versions)

Windows softwares are good. (if it was so bad, I would only use Linux) and I keep XP as long as I can because of my old soft (AcDsee, PSP, and so on...)

Have a nice day everyone and quiet holidays!

:)

Lionet

• Hello Gordow,

Indeed I was on vacation and returned in the office yesterday, Saturday 31th of July. I have read your post I and I need to clarify few things. First of all the Customer Care is 24/7, however the time when a remote session can be schedule is the one I mentioned in my email, 430-500pm EST.

- you don't have any issues with vsserv and the Services are not responding because you properly uninstalled any other security solutions you previously used.

- regarding the remote session I have tried to connect later that day but I was not able to

- as I understood you have other security solution on the 3rd computer, if you wish to go further and investigate what is not allowing BD to work correctly please let me know as a reply to my last message.

Please accept my apologies for this situation, if you need any further assistance feel free to ask at any time.

Kind regards,

• gordow
    Options
    Hello Gordow,

Indeed I was on vacation and returned in the office yesterday, Saturday 31th of July. I have read your post I and I need to clarify few things. First of all the Customer Care is 24/7, however the time when a remote session can be schedule is the one I mentioned in my email, 430-500pm EST.

- you don't have any issues with vsserv and the Services are not responding because you properly uninstalled any other security solutions you previously used.

- regarding the remote session I have tried to connect later that day but I was not able to

- as I understood you have other security solution on the 3rd computer, if you wish to go further and investigate what is not allowing BD to work correctly please let me know as a reply to my last message.

Please accept my apologies for this situation, if you need any further assistance feel free to ask at any time.

Kind regards,

Dan , it would have been nice to hear that you would be getting back to me after your vacation , that very day you connected I sent you a couple of emails and never heard anything back , and after contacting customer care again , they said they would work through this with me , then never heard back from them ,, 6 days and counting.

As you can see where my frustration is coming from ,,

I don't know why TeamViewer keeps changing my password , I put in the password that I gave you and when I go back into it the password is longer , though I can't tell what it is.

I will uninstall Kaspersky from my computer and could we set up a day ,, say Tues or Wed at 430-5pmEST for the chat?

I have changed the password and will forward it to you via email to your attention.

Gord

• Hi Gord,

I do agree with you and I understand your frustration. I will be in the office both Tuesday and Wednesday so feel free to schedule the session when it best fits your schedule. Regarding the TV password note that it will change with each computer reboot however you can also set a predefined password. Both will work to login.

Send me the predefined password via mail along with the set date and time for the chat.

Thank you for your understanding !

Daniel M.

• gordow
    Options
    Hi Gord,

I do agree with you and I understand your frustration. I will be in the office both Tuesday and Wednesday so feel free to schedule the session when it best fits your schedule. Regarding the TV password note that it will change with each computer reboot however you can also set a predefined password. Both will work to login.

Send me the predefined password via mail along with the set date and time for the chat.

Thank you for your understanding !

Daniel M.

Dan , Tues at 500pm EST ,, pass , hopefully will stick this time as i have it set to user defined in TV ,,, is bitdefender

Gord

• Good luck , i think all of the Bitdefender support group has gone on holidays at the same time or just don't give a ###### anymore.

After many emails the Bitdefender requested me to uninstall other programs that had been running quite happily alongside Bitdefender for the last 3-4 years and still nothing worked , DanyDan took over my ticket requesting that we meet up via chat so that he could check out my system , he did show up unannounced at 730am EST while my wife was on the computer and i was at work ,, stated to her that he would meet up with me at 430-500pm EST on chat to go over my system.

He failed to show ,, he also failed to respond to at least two emails and 2 pm's.

After ###### via the website form about a week or so after this no show , i received a email apologizing for the inconvenience and asked me to run the supporttool which they've had at least a dozen or so from me since this all began ,, i explained to them that they would have to give me an exact time when we were to meet as i would have to reinstall BD as i had to d/l a trial copy of Kaspersky's product so that i knew that i would be protected and also after they stated that there was BD support 24/7 ( even though one of DanyDan's emails stated that it was 900-1800 GMT Mon-Fri ) i suggested that the support for their N. American clients was nil.

Since that email on the 26th their has been no response ,, so don't hold your breath.

This absolutely is pathetic!

Also , why when i ticket is opened , you could have multiple tech's replying to it ,, shouldn't one handle it from beginning to conclusion?

Would it not make sense ,, that way you're not going over things multiple time's to many different people.

It would also be nice to have a email address to complain to instead of doing here on the forum or to the very people that the complaint is about.

I agree it would be more beneficial to have one person dealing with an enquiry from beginning to end and that way there should be no conflicting or duplicate requests for information. However when that one person takes annual leave, that can prevent your issue being dealt with in a timely fashion.

That said, I had to call Bitdefender last week as this was in my opinion getting beyond a joke. I spoke to someone in sales and explained the position to them. That was on Friday.

On Saturday morning I had an exchange of meesages with Danydan, which has now resulted in the promised extension of my license key. It was very much eleventh hour, but at least the agreement to extend has been honoured. Thank you.

• I agree it would be more beneficial to have one person dealing with an enquiry from beginning to end and that way there should be no conflicting or duplicate requests for information. However when that one person takes annual leave, that can prevent your issue being dealt with in a timely fashion.

That said, I had to call Bitdefender last week as this was in my opinion getting beyond a joke. I spoke to someone in sales and explained the position to them. That was on Friday.

On Saturday morning I had an exchange of meesages with Danydan, which has now resulted in the promised extension of my license key. It was very much eleventh hour, but at least the agreement to extend has been honoured. Thank you.

Daniel,

I have just received a message that states my license key is invalid and that I am no longer protected.

I thought this problem was resolved and that you had extended the license. Before I clicked on the icon to update my virus definitions, the dashboard was saying that the key was valid for xx days. Now it has expired. Why is that? How do I get my PC and laptop protected as soon as possible?

• Unknown
    edited August 2010
    Options

Hello Babyspicefan,

Please check your email and the PM. I have sent you the answer to your query. You will need to register BitDefender with the new key we provided you with as explained HERE

Best regards,

• gordow
    Options
    Hello Gord,

Please check your email and the PM. I have sent you the answer to your query. You will need to register BitDefender with the new key we provided you with as explained HERE

Best regards,

Dan , this should have gone to babyspicefan not me as it's her/him that has had the key problem ,, also did you get my note regarding tomorrow (Tues) at 5pm EST and the pass?

Gord

• Yes Gord,

Saw your reply above about the time and date of the session :)

Sorry for the small misunderstanding with the post earlier, post edited.

Cheers and see you on Tuesday!

• Hello Gord,

Best regards,

I believe there was a misunderstanding on my part. If you recall the license key did not arrive on the three occasioins on Saturday that you attempted to send it to me. I had assumed that when you told me that you had extended my license key, there was nothing further required on my part. I have located the alternative license key in my account and entered it. It appears to have done the trick. Well I hope it has.

Thanks again.

• Glad to see we finally cleared things out. Free free to post or send me an email if you have any further queries. Have a great week :)