Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can't Enable Firewall

Options

Having trouble installing BD Internet Security 2020. Firewall initialization failed with no explanation of the reason. Can I get instructions how to fix this? Thanks!

Here's a screen shot of the error:

firewall.jpg

Comments

• gordow
    Options
    Having trouble installing BD Internet Security 2020. Firewall initialization failed with no explanation of the reason. Can I get instructions how to fix this? Thanks!

Here's a screen shot of the error:

firewall.jpg

I just recently had the same problem , i just uninstalled with the bd uninstall tool and then reinstalled , the firewall problem disappeared.

• Hi Dolphinrcj,

Please make sure you uninstall all the other security solutions (Antivirus, Antimalware, Antispyware etc ) you may have installed on your computer then reinstall BitDefender.

Use THIS tool to remove BitDefender then restart your computer.

Important: after clicking on the Uninstall button wait to be asked to restart the PC.

After restart download the 32 bits or the 64 bits version of BitDefender Internet Security and see if the Firewall issue still persist.

Regards,