Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Just A Comment

Options

:( Way back I tried to update from BDIS 2009 to 2010. In fact, I un- and then reinsalled 2010 three times. For about 6 weeks I waited along with 100s of others while they tried to make corrections on a big update that had messed up everyone's computers. It got to the point where I feared the malfunctions were going to end in my having to reinstall my OS so I finally cut my losses. I uninstalled 2010 and went back to 2009, which recently developed a little problem with scheduled scanning. In contacting tech support about that they wanted me to install 2010. I briefly explained the problems I'd had with this before. I was assured that all those problems had been straightened out. Well, 2010 has been out for quite awhile now so I figured maybe they finally got the ticks fixed ow and had a good, working program.

I decided to uninstall 2009 and install 2010 once again. I've got 500+ days left on my sub. I decided to come to the 2010 forum and review some of the problems people are having and it's quite extensive and now I'm not sure I want to install 2010. I think this is basically a good program if they could just get it running halfway smooth. Now I'm thinking about saying to heck with this and going with Avast, so I guess it's back to the drawing board.

Comments

• Hi,

What exactly are the issues you are facing with the 2010 version ? I admit that there are few issues with it, however we are striving in resolving them with the release of the new 2011 version. If you believe that the 2010 is not working correctly, you can continue using the 2009 version and wait for the 2011 to be released, later this month. I am confident that all these issues with 2010 will be covered and taken care of in 2011.

• The issues speak for themselves as related in this forum and they are present day issues. Many of them existed way back when I tried to install it originally. I just don't know what to do anymore. I know I'm going to be totally afraid to install this 2011 when it comes out ... in remembering what I went through when I originally tried to get 2010 installed and working on my system. In looking through the forum it would appear that this program still has many of the same issues that were troubling it a year ago.

I guess the bottom line is that I'd like to have this program working so that I can stick with it and use it, but I've lost a lot of confidence in it. I've got the instructions now that you resent me and I will guard them, but maybe I'll just continue to procrastinate and see what happens.

Thank you for your help, and for resending that instruction email with the attachment.

• I am pleased Nikilet that you received assistance. I can't same the same for myself. Having been asked by DanyDan to upload analysis, posted in threads and sent two PMs STILLNOTHING. I only have 30 days left of this program but it is so disappointing that for three years I have had nothing but trouble, but worst of all, little or No support either on this forum or directly from Bitdefender.

• Yes, Oracle, I know exactly what you mean. And if you go through the forum you will find many posts complaining about this support problem. Occasionally I have gotten lucky and had a support member, like DanyDan, stick with me and see something through to the end ... but not often. In the past I have complained bitterly about this. Have you gone through the forum and opened other posts that appear they might deal with the same or similar problem(s) as you are having? It's a lot of work, very time consuming, but I have occasionally found some answers that way.

I hope DanyDan, or someone else who reads your post, will step up to the plate and help you.

• Hi Oracle,

The reason why I haven't answer your topic so far is because I needed to wait for the analysis to be complete and get an answer from my colleagues on the testing team. As you provided me with so few information, the process took longer. I do believe that the issue is not with BitDefender but will all the security solution you installed on the same computer (over 6 software doing the same tasks in the same time).

You can check my answer to your query HERE

Please post the comments and updates on the issue you are facing on the topic you started only. Thank you for understanding!

Topic closed.

Regards,

This discussion has been closed.