Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Exclude Folders

Options

I've recently started using BitDefender 10 Free Edition and I'd like to exclude certain folders from the system scan. I've read several posts on this topic, but I haven't been able to understand the instructions thus far. If I access the properties page for any of the scan types, I see the Custom button but I don't see any way to exclude files on the Scan Settings page. I have also looked at the Scan Path tab on the Properties page, but I don't see any way to exclude items there either.

An I missing something? Can this not be done using the free edition? I've been impressed with BitDefender so far, but this issue has been frustrating.

Comments

• This is where you should go: Antivirus -> Custom level. There, you should find a small tree node Exclude path from scanning (or something like this, I can't tell for sure because I have BD in romanian). Click on it, and it will let you browse the location to be excluded.

Andrei

• jpublic001
    edited August 2007
    Options

Thanks for your quick response. I have seen your advise to other people on this matter, but I am still confused. I have attached screen shots of the Scan Properties and Scan Settings dialogs. If possible, please have a look at them. Maybe the solution is right in front of my eyes.

/applications/core/interface/file/attachment.php?id=475" data-fileid="475" rel="">screens.zip

• You should scroll down a little bit, the option is after the action settings. :)

Andrei

• Sorry Andrei, I still don't see it. Attached is a screen shot of the rest of the options on the Settings page. I appreciate your continued support.

post-3678-1187747029_thumb.png

• Ivo
    Ivo
    edited August 2007
    Options

Hi,

You are using the Free version of BitDefender. This does not have a function to exclude files or folders. Because it works via an On-Demand scan.

You can only exclude files in an On-Access scanner, for which you need to pay for.

• Niels
    Options

Hello jpublic001

You must choose add (new) folder,file and browse to the folder of the file you wanted to exclude. After you done that uncheck it and press on ok. So that folder will be excluded. You must go to scanning tab. An on-access scanner isn't as Ivo correctly said in the free edition.

Regards

Niels

• Thanks Ivo and Niels. I now understand that this feature is not available in the free edition.