Please Post Here The Bugs You Found In The 2008 Line

hello,

i dont think the events and history is fully working in the new 2008 suite,

my update section only labels 'one update' since installation, just a little quirk ive noticed that hopefully will get fixed.

last update at the moment is 22:53 yet the log still only states the first update it did, which is surely incorrect

its the small things in life that people dont notice or forget :rolleyes:

just thought id let you know :blink:

post-3537-1188085024_thumb.jpg

Comments

• hello,

i dont think the events and history is fully working in the new 2008 suite,

my update section only labels 'one update' since installation, just a little quirk ive noticed that hopefully will get fixed.

last update at the moment is 22:53 yet the log still only states the first update it did, which is surely incorrect

its the small things in life that people dont notice or forget :rolleyes:

just thought id let you know :blink:

instead of creating a fresh thread, i will just add it in here.

i also keep seeing a ****** error when i open the 'main GUI' (see attached pic)

post-3537-1188085216_thumb.jpg

• Hello C.S.J

Did you pressed on the refresh button? Or your log could be corrected try to press on clear log.

Do you see the correct date and hour when you go to update,update?

About your second problem that must be a bug. If you don't wanted to see that message do this go to tools,internet-options,advanced tab,check Disable ****** debugging and uncheck Display a notification about every ****** error.

Regards

Niels

• Hello to all

If you find a bug please make a reply here in this topic. That makes it very easy for Softwin (developer of BitDefender) to find them on 1 location. Instead of making separate topics.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards

Niels

• Niels
    Niels
    edited August 2007

Hello to all

Sorry for the strange layout but I couldn't change the post order after I merged topics. So my original first post will not be the first post what it was in the beginning. But I think that the topic title was clear enough.

Regards

Niels

• slow loading spam toolbar windows mail:

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1679

• Hello C.S.J

Did you pressed on the refresh button? Or your log could be corrected try to press on clear log.

Do you see the correct date and hour when you go to update,update?

About your second problem that must be a bug. If you don't wanted to see that message do this go to tools,internet-options,advanced tab,check Disable ****** debugging and uncheck Display a notification about every ****** error.

Regards

Niels

the history > events and history does not work, ive tried refresh and now clear log.

the only part of the logging that is working, is the 'On-demand task events' at the bottom of the antivirus section of the logging.

the real time part shows nothing, and neither do any of the other sections.

surely a must-fix issue.

thanks.

• I have the same issue like reported in this thread: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1736

With the addition, that BD 2008 detects the file only if I run a scan or a context scan. The Real-time protection doesn't detect it, and I have set it to Agressive. Game mode is turned off, too. After the file is detected when scanning on-demand, it can't be deleted or moved to quarantine. The file is detected as Green.Caterpillar.1575.C, and BD 2008 says that it can't be deleted because it's part of an archive, which it's not.

• On a side note, and in regard with the next bug I report, I tried to attach that virus in an email composed in Yahoo web mail. Norton Antivirus says it's clean and let it be sent and downloaded after I received it back (sent it to myself). BitDefender's http protection blocked the download. Yet the real time protection doesn't detect it when it's on my hard disk.

Another bug that I've reported before but apparently too late to be fixed in the final, is that Antiphishing prevents attached files from being downloaded from yahoo web mail using Internet Explorer.

• Thanks so far for reporting the bugs.

Regards

Niels

Internet connection lost bug: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...entry9549

• Internet security 2008 stops working without any message several times a day !

Is2008 simply does not work at all ! no update and always down !

I'm using XP SP2 and am a old satisfied user on the same machine of BitDefender 8 !

post-3883-1188166333_thumb.jpg

• Internet security 2008 stops working without any message several times a day !

Is2008 simply does not work at all ! no update and always down !

I'm using XP SP2 and am a old satisfied user on the same machine of BitDefender 8 !

this happened to me today aswell, i rebooted and it was fine.

but still, its something that needs to be looked at im sure.

• i have more issues with the IS 2008.

i keep getting a status error, and its usually for the update, and when i click fix now.... it shows green, for a few seconds, then goes back to red for update needed. (even though, there is no update)

another issue i have is, when i try to use my 2nd user on the 2 user licence, it activates but when the machine is rebooted it asks to go through the 6 steps of registration again (although the serial is not needed to be put in again), this is VERY annoying and impossible to work with, as it pops up on the 2nd machine every reboot, the same 6 step registration.

are all these going to get fixed, and how the developers aware of these problems?

• Un-Installing BD IS 2008 does not remove the password from the BD options.

If someone has administrative rights to uninstall an application then the "security" of a options-password is useless anyways. On top of that an administrator who has lost the password is quite in a pinch too because uninstalling won't fix his legit BD copy !

• I made these stickies so it's easier for Softwin to know the bugs. Otherwise they have to look at the entire forum. Softwin monitors these forums but you will not always see them. I also can contact someone of Softwin to know the status.

Regards

Niels

• On Antivirus 2008, the install package for 32 and 64 bit works fine, and does the initial update. however, the configuration has the update server set to "upgrade.bitdefender.com" which renders the program unable to update after the initial setup.

going into the setup options and changing the primary server to "update.bitdefender.com" fixes the problem, and should probably be the default.

• On Antivirus 2008, the install package for 32 and 64 bit works fine, and does the initial update. however, the configuration has the update server set to "upgrade.bitdefender.com" which renders the program unable to update after the initial setup.

going into the setup options and changing the primary server to "update.bitdefender.com" fixes the problem, and should probably be the default.

i agree,

both primary and alternative update server is the same, which totally defeats the objective of having an alternative. :blink:

• i agree,

both primary and alternative update server is the same, which totally defeats the objective of having an alternative. :blink:

****** errors again :blink:

post-3537-1188255921_thumb.jpg

• On Windows XP, after waking the computer from hibernation, internet connection is blocked. The only way to restore it is to reboot the computer.

• anti phishing is blocking every pop up box even the live assistance box on the bit dfendr website saying it is unsafe, and the anti phishing box that pops up is so fast you cannot read it, this is on vista home premium

• I´ve an Nvidia Nforce4 Ultra Chipset, after installing BDTS no network connection will work.

Also reboot helps nothing

• I´ve an Nvidia Nforce4 Ultra Chipset, after installing BDTS no network connection will work.

Also reboot helps nothing

i keep getting a 'red status', happens a few times 'every day'.

its usually either the update, or the automatic update is disabled.

it should not keep disabling this, hope this one gets fixed asap.

• i keep getting a 'red status', happens a few times 'every day'.

its usually either the update, or the automatic update is disabled.

it should not keep disabling this, hope this one gets fixed asap.

here is the attachment image to that, as its just happened again without me touching anything.

post-3537-1188401762_thumb.jpg

• here is the attachment image to that, as its just happened again without me touching anything.

Check in your update settings that the primary update server is set to "update.bitdefender.com" not "upgrade.bitdefender.com"

• Often, when I turn the game mode off, the firewall remains in game mode instead of going back to the previous setting. After I switch it manually, it behaves normally after that.

• Hello to all

If you find a bug please make a reply here in this topic. That makes it very easy for Softwin (developer of BitDefender) to find them on 1 location. Instead of making separate topics.

Thanks for your cooperation.

Regards

Niels

Windows says that the anti-virus is out-of-date but all is ok for is2008.

It also seems that is2008 generates a big overhead on Windows system...

Is there any answer to all the problems that we notify here ? I already posted a serious problem where is2008 shutted down without information... is there someone looking at this forum ?

post-3883-1188491863_thumb.jpg

• searaider
    edited August 2007

You antiphishing tool needs a lot of improvement, when I click a link inside a web page it just blocks it, even it is a reliable link, and the pop up from bit defender comes ang go so fast that I don't have time to read it or do anything, using windows xp pro, that tool needs to be improved

• Hello MarcelF

People from Softwin (BitDefender) do monitor these topics. But they will not always be online. I am also in contact with someone who works for Softwin. He said that they are monitoring the forum.

Regards

Niels

• thats good news that they are monitoring the forums, maybe these will all be looked at then :)

hello softwin!

but then again, shouldnt you be working instead of reading forums? *lol* :D

• Doesn't take long to read the bug reports, now does it? ;) Besides, maybe it's somebody's job to monitor them, so he/she's actually working. :D

• After the latest update, this page is blocked by the Parental Control / Web Control: http://www.av-comparatives.org/seiten/comparatives.html

Also, there's now a problem with the update system. When I go and update it manually, a single file is downloaded: Skin/Default/skin.xml . It then stays there, saying: Download Completed. Installing updates... which lasts about a minute. During that time, protection and firewall are disabled. Then CPU goes up to 100 % for about 10 seconds and the protection/firewall are enabled again. Status message says now that updates have been successfully installed, but if I update manually again, it repeats the same thing - the same file is downloaded, and so on. It does it as many times as I click the Update button.

• Hello bluesprite

When a update is available BitDefender restarts always automatically the BitDefender related services. That was also the case in the previous versions.

Regards

Niels

• Hi Niels, yes I'm aware of that but the other aspects of what happened weren't normal - to try to download the same update over and over, and to take one minute to install it. But several hours later, it's now working fine. :)

• After today's upgrade, which required reboot, I see that the History is now working properly. Could someone post a changelog, so we know which bugs were fixed in it? :)

• Hello bluesprite

Sometimes it's normal that BitDefender redownloads what looks the same file but with a different version number. I will see if I can receive some information about what already is fixed. But I can't guarantee if that person will giving me the answer.

Regards

Niels

• Installed ISS 2008 after a reformat. A couple of niggles - when I reboot the Windows Secuity Cenre tells me that no AV is installed but this clears after 20s. Ithought my machine was initially running slow but after a coupleof hours use it is getting better, probably BD 'learning' my system?

The phishing filter toolbar is huge in IE 7, can the size be reduced?

Reards.

XP SP2 Home

• Hello davidpr

That is a windows bug to solve that follow the instructions in this topic

Regards

Niels

• Not a major bug but....when looking under "more statistics" in the Antivirus settings, the statistics now get reset to zero everytime you close the GUI.

Using Antivirus 2008 32bit on XP.

• Not a major bug but....when looking under "more statistics" in the Antivirus settings, the statistics now get reset to zero everytime you close the GUI.

Using Antivirus 2008 32bit on XP.

i agree, it does this is vista too.

also, event logs are still not working and spam toolbar still loads slowly.

also, ive noticed privacy 'default' and 'permissive' are EXACTLY the same, so i dont understand the need to have 2 settings.

lately ive also noticed that loads of services just turn off without my knowledge, and 'fix all issues' does nothing for it, it only fixes when i reboot.

livesrv crashes a few times, showing the 'bitdefender error screen'

ALSO, submission ALWAYS fails when i put in my email.

i shall post more if i see them :)

• i agree, it does this is vista too.

also, event logs are still not working and spam toolbar still loads slowly.

also, ive noticed privacy 'default' and 'permissive' are EXACTLY the same, so i dont understand the need to have 2 settings.

lately ive also noticed that loads of services just turn off without my knowledge, and 'fix all issues' does nothing for it, it only fixes when i reboot.

livesrv crashes a few times, showing the 'bitdefender error screen'

ALSO, submission ALWAYS fails when i put in my email.

i shall post more if i see them :)

hey niels, have softwin got any feedback on this thread yet?

• Hello C.S.J

I got reply for someone of Softwin. He said that he saw these topics. I also asked if he could give me a list of the bugs that are already fixed or what the status is. But that isn't easy for receiving that kind of information. But I replied with some arguments now I have to wait till his next reply. It could be that he replies here.

I am trying all what I can do update you for any new information.

Regards

Niels

• Hello C.S.J

I got reply for someone of Softwin. He said that he saw these topics. I also asked if he could give me a list of the bugs that are already fixed or what the status is. But that isn't easy for receiving that kind of information. But I replied with some arguments now I have to wait till his next reply. It could be that he replies here.

I am trying all what I can do update you for any new information.

Regards

Niels

cheers, i was just curious :)

• Here is another minor bug in BDAV2008: notice the (%d) in the update.

post-2294-1188843509_thumb.jpg

• I have the same issue like reported in this thread: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=1736

With the addition, that BD 2008 detects the file only if I run a scan or a context scan. The Real-time protection doesn't detect it, and I have set it to Agressive. Game mode is turned off, too. After the file is detected when scanning on-demand, it can't be deleted or moved to quarantine. The file is detected as Green.Caterpillar.1575.C, and BD 2008 says that it can't be deleted because it's part of an archive, which it's not.

I've posted the file in the Malware section, here's a link to the topic: http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?sho...st=0#entry10366

• Hello davidpr

That is a windows bug to solve that follow the instructions in this topic

Regards

Niels

Thanks Niels, tried as per the thread except for uninstalling but this did not work.

I find it difficult to belive it is a Windows only bug as this happens on two machines, both reformatted, and the warning clears after 20 seconds. Neve happened with BD 10 or other AV's over the last couple of years.

Regards.

David.

• Hello davidpr

It happens also with other security solutions that security center falsely reports that there isn't a anti-virus or firewall enabled. I sometimes have also that for a few seconds windows popup's. There are people who disable security center messages. You can always verify if BitDefender works by checking the status.

Regards

Niels

• Hello davidpr

It happens also with other security solutions that security center falsely reports that there isn't a anti-virus or firewall enabled. I sometimes have also that for a few seconds windows popup's. There are people who disable security center messages. You can always verify if BitDefender works by checking the status.

Regards

Niels

Niels, no BD is working it is just that the time lag is strange. I seem to remember I had something similar when BD 10 came out and was sorted a month or so later.

• This is my first post here so I apologize if this is in the wrong thread/forum. I experienced the following behavior with BD 10 free edition- I had a potential malware (it was actually backweb) in quarantine after my first scan. But seeing that I did not like the running processes in BD I disabled them. Then I noticed my firewall (Online Armor) make an alert that an .exe file in quarantine was attempting an outbound connection. Is this appropriate for what is in quarantine to be attempting an outbound connection (even with processes disabled)? The log in my firewall stated-

C:\Documents and Settings\All Users\Application Data\BitDefender\Desktop\Quarantine\Backweb-137903.exe, Outgoing access blocked, Port: 480

thanks

• In my understanding, the files in quarantine should be encrypted and therefore harmless. To have a quarantined file requesting access to the internet is definitely not the idea of the quarantine and something is wrong.

This discussion has been closed.