Why Are Virus Signature Update Taking A Long Time?

As of the last few days, maybe longer, BD has started taking several minutes to finish installing it's updates? it downloads them ok the gui says it has installed them but it hasn't has my hdd is being hogged a look in win task man shows the culprit being vsserv.exe it's hogging/releasing memory as well ,but only using a small amount of cpu 7-10% but perish the thought if im downloading something it has a hissy fit, and locks up the pc, no mouse movement even, for a brief time

the problems just get worse bd don't care they just push the new version which from reading posts within it's forum that too is an unfinished product that should not have been released

Comments

• As of the last few days, maybe longer, BD has started taking several minutes to finish installing it's updates? it downloads them ok the gui says it has installed them but it hasn't has my hdd is being hogged a look in win task man shows the culprit being vsserv.exe it's hogging/releasing memory as well ,but only using a small amount of cpu 7-10% but perish the thought if im downloading something it has a hissy fit, and locks up the pc, no mouse movement even, for a brief time

the problems just get worse bd don't care they just push the new version which from reading posts within it's forum that too is an unfinished product that should not have been released

Hi Davey,

I haven't have any problem with vsserv.exe yet but other problems (interaction with other programs), so I decided to deactivate everything I do not use daily, the computer runs better.

BD's updates leave grey balls a few minutes with the automatic option when I use several other programs.

A tip: do not let BD on automatic update, just start a manual antivirus database update when you switch on - or off - and no other program running. It could help.

Regards,

:)

L.

• dave r
    edited October 2010
    Hi Davey,

I haven't have any problem with vsserv.exe yet but other problems (interaction with other programs), so I decided to deactivate everything I do not use daily, the computer runs better.

BD's updates leave grey balls a few minutes with the automatic option when I use several other programs.

A tip: do not let BD on automatic update, just start a manual antivirus database update when you switch on - or off - and no other program running. It could help.

Regards,

:)

L.

Not only do we get the grey ball (vsserv.exe) during after update sequence but i got it during playing a game online with game mode set to ENABLED and the games associated exe files added to the list of games, i managed to minimise the game, but was unable to do anything else( such as kill vsserv.exe process and manually restart it) even though the game was still running and had no choice other than power off my pc using the on/off switch what kind of b/s is this?, once my current subs has expired this garbage is getting removed from my system and a security solution that works properly will be taking it's place