Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

60 Second Virus Scanner

Options

Hi,

I installed 60 second virus scanner and every time I run it, at some point it says "internet connection lost, retry". I never loose the connection, so I'm not sure why it says that.

Thanks in advance,

Tim

Comments

• I have the same issue.

• I too have this 'Internet activity was lost' problem.

All worked well for several weeks until approx 3 days ago, when this error started to occur every time I run the s/w.

I've checked my Firewall settings are ok, and obviously I am connected to the internet.

I don't know whether the s/w runs correctly but just generates this failure message; it would be useful if the report gave a date and time.

My next step is to remove the s/w and re-install to see if that makes any difference.

Do Bitdefender Support reply to these reports?

• otz
    Options
    I too have this 'Internet activity was lost' problem.

All worked well for several weeks until approx 3 days ago, when this error started to occur every time I run the s/w.

I've checked my Firewall settings are ok, and obviously I am connected to the internet.

I don't know whether the s/w runs correctly but just generates this failure message; it would be useful if the report gave a date and time.

My next step is to remove the s/w and re-install to see if that makes any difference.

Do Bitdefender Support reply to these reports?

I have exactly the same problem. It worked some time fine. but now I get the error. I reinstalled but with no success.

• Heavymetalman
    edited December 2013
    Options
    I have exactly the same problem. It worked some time fine. but now I get the error. I reinstalled but with no success.

Try the following: Open the program file and look for the service application "PD Scan" and double click on it. Do this even if this module was already running in the task manager. Now load up the 60 second scanner and it may work for you. This seems to have worked for me. Even though I had the service "PD Scan" running in the backround as seen in my task manager, I found doing the above appears to have fixed this issue, (at least for now). I will only know if this is the long term solution over time though.

Heavymetalman

• Greetings,

I am having the same problem with the "60 Second Virus Scanner" program. I start a scan and with about 16 seconds remaining I get a message saying "internet connectivity lost". Keeps happening on all retries. I thought about uninstalling and reinstalling, which might have worked if problem is corrupted files.

Instead I did this: Find the Program folder. Mine is in: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\60-Second Virus Scanner

You will see an "Install" folder at: C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\60-Second Virus Scanner\Install

Double-click/Run the app "Installer" at C:\Program Files\Bitdefender\60-Second Virus Scanner\Install\Installer.exe

Choose the Repair option. It will take a few minutes to complete.

Try to start "60-Second Virus Scanner" app again from desktop/taskbar. Suggest running with all apps closed, in case problem is conflict with other programs you may have installed.

Good luck!

• Marioman Wrote:

<< Suggest running with all apps closed, in case problem is conflict with other programs you may have installed.>>

I believe you mean well, but this is the absolute worst thing anyone can do with a cloud scanner, since you have to be connected to the internet to use it. In other words, you don't want to turn off your real-time antivirus and firewall protection while connected to the internet to try and get this scanner working. It wouldn't be worth the risk, but thanks.

Heavymetalman

• Bitdefender 60-Second Virus Scanner is a free and easy-to-use desktop application that uses the world’s no.1 ranked scanning technology to alert you of active viruses that are lurking on your PCs. If you have any problem with that, support team can solve it.

• I haven't this problem, the virus is good for me

• Bitdefender 60-Second Virus Scanner is a free and easy-to-use desktop application that uses the world’s no.1 ranked scanning technology to alert you of active viruses that are lurking on your PCs. If you have any problem with that, support team can solve it.

Waiting 3 or 4 weeks from the "support" team to get a reply is not an option, especially if you then have to send more details to explain, then wait more days or weeks. BD support was good once upon a time, but last few times I tried it was dreadful, and that's for a paid product, not free.

• daman
    Options

No problems here