Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Werbeaussagen von Bitdefender zu VPN - Bitdefender advertising statements about VPN

Optionen

Bitdefender bewirbt seinen VPN-Dienst mit Aussagen wie "Ihr Internetdienstleister weiß genau, was Sie im Internet machen. So schieben Sie dem einen Riegel vor." oder "Ihr Internetdienstleister wickelt Ihren gesamten Internetverkehr ab und hat daher Zugriff auf alles, was Sie online tun. Er weiß genau, welche Websites Sie aufrufen, welche Suchanfragen Sie stellen, was Sie kaufen, welche Apps Sie nutzen, wo Sie Ihr Essen bestellen, was in Ihren E-Mails steht und wie Ihre Passwörter lauten."

Das ist ja sicher alles richtig - aber wenn ich Bitdefender VPN nutze, dann weiß zwar nicht mehr mein Provider, was ich im Internet mache, dafür weiß es dann Bitdefender. Also wo ist da der Vorteil? Oder habe ich da einen Denkfehler?

Google-Translation:

Bitdefender advertises its VPN service with statements such as "Your ISP knows exactly what you're doing on the Internet. Here's how to put a stop to it." or "Your internet service provider handles all your internet traffic and therefore has access to everything you do online. They know exactly what websites you visit, what searches you make, what you buy, what apps you use, where you order your food, what your emails say and what your passwords are."

That's certainly all correct - but when I use Bitdefender VPN, my provider no longer knows what I'm doing on the Internet, but Bitdefender does. So where's the benefit? Or am I wrong?

Getaggt:

Kommentare

• Alexandru_BD
    Optionen

Hello,

The VPN encrypts the data that leaves your device.

Taken from this article:

Will Bitdefender share my IP address and personal data with third parties?

No, with Bitdefender VPN your privacy is 100% safe. Nobody (advertising agencies, ISPs, insurance companies, etc.) will have access to your online logs.

What encryption algorithm does it use?

Hydra protocol on all platforms, 256-bit AES encryption, or the highest available cypher supported by both client and server, with Perfect Forward Secrecy. This means that encryption keys are generated for each new VPN session and erased from memory when the session is over.

Applying the data minimization principle, we collect for this service only randomly generated or hashed user and device IDs, IP addresses and randomly generated tokens to establish VPN connection for the sole purpose of providing the VPN service. For this service, we use Aura as data processor who processes data on behalf of Bitdefender in accordance with Bitdefender's instructions and for the sole purpose of providing VPN services to users.

We may process device location solely for the purpose of offering Bitdefender VPN functionalities such as notifications of unsafe Wi-Fi or the auto-connect feature. We do not store any details regarding your location or online activity nor do we share them with other entities.

I hope the information is useful.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• evKircheKücknitz
    bearbeitet Juli 2023
    Optionen

Natürlich werden die Daten verschlüsselt. Aber auf der anderen Seite des VPN-Tunnels werden sie ja auch wieder entschlüsselt und liegen dort wieder unverschlüsselt vor. Also können Bitdefender bzw. Aura sie im Klartext lesen. Und Aura ist ein amerikanisches Unternehmen und unterliegt dem Patriot Act. Da gibt es keinen Datenschutz im Sinne der in der EU geltenden DSGVO.

Google-Translation:

Of course, the data is encrypted. But on the other side of the VPN tunnel they are decrypted again and are available there again unencrypted. So Bitdefender or Aura can read them in plain text. And Aura is an American company and is subject to the Patriot Act. There is no data protection in the sense of the GDPR applicable in the EU.

• Alexandru_BD
    Optionen

There is no personal information stored by Bitdefender VPN. Each VPN session includes certain data:

• time start/stop a session
    • device id
    • download/upload amount

This information is recorded for debugging purposes only and is deleted at the end of the session. A 'zero logs' policy is applied.

Regards

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• This information is recorded for debugging purposes only and is deleted at the end of the session. A 'zero logs' policy is applied.

And that works with an american company (Aura) as partner?