Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

VPN will disconnect randomly

Options

Since the improved Bitdefender VPN rollout, VPN will disconnect at random on my Windows 10 laptop. The Windows install is patched to current levels. Bitdefender AV is updated to most current levels. My ISP is not dropping connections.

Sometimes, if I click on 'Connect' in VPN, it will reconnect, but most times, it will not. Changing to a different location sometimes will allow a connection, sometimes not.

Today, 05 June, VPN disconnected with no action on my part. When I was able to reconnect, it appeared no DNS servers were available. The Windows system tray indicated internet access and Bitdefender VPN indicated Connected with an IP address and traffic. However attempts to connect to Google, Bing, Microsoft, Bitdefender community, etc. were met with 'could not find address' errors.

If I switched to Brave VPN, no connection issues. Switched to NordVPN, no connection issues.

One should not have to fiddle with the various protocols from 'Automatic' to make the VPN work.

"Everthing" appears to be working satisfactory at this time, with no changes done on my end.

Why does the current VPN offering appear to be non-stable?

Answers

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

We've been getting quite a few reports on this lately and I know that in some cases error 9 is displayed. Can you check if the connection is stable with the Wireguard protocol? This would be a temporary workaround until the engneers get to the bottom of this.

Thanks,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• WileECoyote
    Options

Wireguard worked for a while but today, 07 June, a random disconnect occurred once again. Attempts to reconnect VPN to various servers failed. When I finally got 'automatic' to connect, no DNS servers were apparently found as website addresses would not resolve.

This is not the first time an 'upgraded' module has been released and there were major issues with plain vanilla running.

Perhaps Bitdefender 'engineers' could do more testing before releasing 'upgrades' vs. using the user base as beta testers? Have the 'engineers' work the issue or roll back the upgrade (even though it was stated this is not possible, make it so to keep your customers).

Additionally - for those that are responding with apparent cut and paste solutions to generic VPN issues. Please do not post 'solutions' that have no bearing on the problem reported.

• SpudGrower
    Options

Similar problem here. My observations are it may be relatated to the crearion of a "Wintun Connection". At least it seemed to follow thism then a lost WiFi connection which requires the BD VPN to be turned off. Alternatively reboot ISP gateway and computer and not allow BD VPN to turn on in order to clear the error. Other devices connected to the same network do not have this provlem, only the Win10 conputer running BD VPN. Win 10 and WiFi drivers are UTD. In fact the disconnection happened while I was writing this .

• Alexandru_BD
    Options

Hello,

I found out that an update was pushed just recently, and this should fix any disconnecting issues. Currently, there is no available information concerning the changelog, but once further details become available, I will make sure to update the release notes thread as well.

Thank you for your patience.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user