Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Activation bugs and support ticket problems

Hello,

I was trying to reach through customer support, through email and now this way. Please get me the correct support. I will spam any forum I wish until you get this right.

Actual ticket:
Device management versus the number of licenses is an absolute mess.

I had Total Security installed on multiple Windows and 1 Android initially. All devices showed up at the dashboard as such. I had the maximum nr and removed some to free up space.After downloading, installing and logging in to Bitdefender through the Google Play store, everything became one big mess.

The app on the second Android device will only show the 14-days trial period for mobile security in the app itself, as well as
in the subscription panel of the desktop browser, in Bitdefender Central. Obviously I don't have a separate mobile subscription, but it got listed their somehow in the first place.
That dashboard did show it as 5th device however. I rebooted the Android device and reinstalled the app. This time to be sure instead, I used the download link for Total Security from
Central and through email.

Also because the older (1st) Android device was listed there all the time without any issues, for a long time already. Unfortunately, again the Android app on the 2nd android device was giving me the 14-days trial period. Uninstalled the app again from android. In addition, I started cleaning the managed device through the subscription panel.

Next, there was a (browser or Central ?) delay and possibly through some refreshing bug as such, now more devices were unlisted. These now show up in red being 'at risk". You understand that this is becoming too cumbersome and most likely I have to run all devices from scratch in  the worst case, without any guarantee either Central or the apps will get it right.

To me that's a serious issue. In all irony, I already missed out a certain deal earlier where I would get 10 devices for the same price of 5. Now I can't even properly registers 5 devices using different platforms. 

I can't even submit a ticket for the maniest attempt because of some CAPTCHA issue...Even after several refreshes, logins and reboot?

I can't send an email to BD support, because the mailbox isn't 'monitored'.

Where did I get this subscription for: To have myself bugged or to rest
assured using properly working security software? This is a crime! 

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited June 17

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

@Alexandru_BD can also check this for you.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Jkastanje and welcome to the Community.

I understand this situation can be frustrating.. I've noticed you have a Total Security subscription. This of course includes mobile protection for both Android and iOS. To me, it sounds like the BMS app on one of your Android devices is not properly linked to the Total Security subscription active in your Central account, and since Mobile Security for Android can also be purchased from the Google Play Store, upon accessing the store most probably you've installed a trial version on that device. This can be fixed easily (given there are no other issues that i'm not aware of).

I think the first step would be to make an assessment of what exactly is protected, by looking in the Central account. If one of the Android devices appears 'at risk', do the following:

Open the Bitdefender Mobile Security app installed on that device, where the trial version is running.
    Tap the triangle on the bottom navigation bar.
    Tap your e-mail address.
    Choose to Log out from the account, tap OK to confirm.
    Sign in with the e-mail address associated with the Central account where your Total Security subscription is up and running.

This should synchronize Bitdefender Mobile Security on that Android device with your active subscription, and the device should appear protected both in the app and in your Central account.

In regards to Bitdefender Support, if you are encountering issues with CAPTCHA, and you still require to get in touch with the Support representatives, I would recommend using one of the available contact phone numbers displayed in the Support Center. To get there, use the below link:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

From here, scroll down to the bottom of the page and click on 'Contact Bitdefender Support'. Choose the 'Activate & Install' category, then select 'Activate' → select the product (Total Security) → a few support article suggestions will be displayed, then click on 'Contact Support' to choose the desired contact channel. Chat would be the fastest option to reach the Support engineers, in the event you do not wish to call them.

I hope the information is helpful. Kindly let us know how it went for you.
    Please note that you have reached the Bitdefender Community and we cannot redirect your inquiry to the Support teams. On these pages, support comes from Bitdefender users such as yourself.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user