UnifiedSDK.Service.exe blocks access to Internet

I'm sorry to say this but the new VPN is unusable as it is.

There is no way to stop the VPN from running even if you state you don't want it starting up with windows, it just does it's own thing. Then UnifiedSDK.Service.exe blocks all internet access. I mean all access. If I check network setting is tells me there is no internet. If I stop the program (though Task manager because I can't stop it any other way) like 10 times then sometimes I get access to the internet but my 1000 Mbit/s up and downstream, slows to a crawl.

I just want to turn the VPN on and off as I need it. I decide when it's on or not. Now it just pops up when ever it decides I am too dumb to know what I'm doing and there goes my Internet again. Every time my connection slows to a crawl it's because the VPN thought it might be a good idea to just turn itself on without any warning or if I'm okay with it.

In the end I renamed UnifiedSDK.Service.exe so it doesn't come on anymore so even though I pay for the whole suite of Bitdefender, I can't use the VPN and though I don't need a VPN often, I do need a VPN so now I have to pay somebody else for a VPN service I already pay Bitdefender for.

In short, the VPN needs updates fast. It's unuseble as it is now and I would like to have a choice when I need or don't need a VPN. Even if I turn all the setting for automatic connection to off, it still turns itself on. I don't need that kind of intrusion especially not as it does slows the connection to speeds I haven't seen since 1990.

Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod

Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Hello @Dutchy Dutch,

The UnifiedSDK.Service.exe is unrelated to the new version of the VPN, if you are referring to the UI change. It has to do with a previous VPN version, where it really generated some problems. The new version is much more stable and includes a fix for this, however, in the scenario you encountered it will be necessary to contact the Support teams, because a simple reinstall won't repair it completely and some files require additional modifications.
    Head to the link below to get in touch with the Bitdefender engineers and choose from the available contact channels:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

They will know exactly what to do.
    To get to the contact channels, state your contact reason / choose request category, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes and if the issue was fixed with the newest version installed.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user