One click optimizer for Total Security on Andoid

PeteMac
edited July 18 in Mobile Security

Answers

• Are there any plans to include one click optimizer for total security on Android, to work like it does on Windows and clean cache etc, it's the only thing that is missing

• Hello @PeteMac,

Not that I know of. While PC optimizers can be very useful and in most cases easier to develop, I think developing a dedicated optimizer for Android may pose some challenges and there are also some implications to consider.
    For example, ensuring the app effectively optimizes battery usage without draining it is a significant challenge. Another challenge would be to efficiently manage limited resources. Mobiles come with a wide range of hardware configurations, making it difficult to develop an app that works optimally across all devices/brands, because different versions of Android have varying levels of support and features, complicating development.

Also, adhering to Google Play Store guidelines, which can be stringent and subject to change, poses a constant challenge, and this type of app would be subject to a thorough evaluation before it can be launched. I'm not saying it can't be done, but the developers must first make an assessment of the pros and cons and this needs to make sense to work on.
    Most smartphones come with built-in optimization tools these days. For example, Samsung devices have Device Care:

https://www.samsung.com/uk/support/mobile-devices/how-do-i-use-device-care/

Nevertheless, I have forwarded your suggestion to the relevant teams. If any other suggestions come to mind, please do not hesitate to share them with us.

Thank you!

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user