Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Subscription extension

My current Bit Defender Total Security (5 devices) expires 8 Aug. Instead of auto renewal, I plan to purchase my next subscription from Amazon (Prime member). If I make the purchase now and enter the activation code 20+ days before my current subscription ends, will i lose the 20+ days of validity remaining, or will Central begin the 1-year activation of my new subscription on 8 or 9 Aug 24?

Thanks in advance for any assistance.

v/r

Stel

Best Answers

• Flexx
    Flexx DEFENDER OF THE YEAR 2023 / DEFENDER OF THE MONTH ✭✭✭✭✭ mod
    edited July 18 Answer ✓

If you redeem the new activation code more than 20 days before the current subscription ends, the remaining days will be accumulated, and your new subscription will start on August 8 or 9, 2024, with a total validity of 1 year plus the remaining days.

To ensure a smooth transition, it's recommended to redeem the new activation code close to the expiration date of the current subscription. This way, you'll minimize the overlap and make the most of your new subscription.

For more information, kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hi,

To add here, the activation codes purchased from the official Bitdefender Amazon store, or from authorized Bitdefender resellers can be activated later on without loosing any validity. So, they don't have a validity countdown which is triggered regardless of whether the code is activated or not, like the ones purchased on the Bitdefender website.
    I think it depends on your preferences, you can either redeem the activation code in your Central account straight after the purchase, and since the new license is identical with the one you already have, the validity will be merged. When entering the new activation code, just make sure to select the 'Extend current subscription' option, as illustrated below:

Or you can wait until the current license expires (make sure the automatic renewal feature is disabled in this case).

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Forgot to add that the new subscription is the exact same as the current type: Total Security (5 devices).

Stel