Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Can I wait a year to activate a subscription from a trusted partner?

zapjb
zapjb

Can I wait a year to activate a subscription from a trusted partner?

The below quoted answer does NOT answer my question. I need a clear answer.

"If you have purchased the product from the official Bitdefender website, your subscription automatically begins on the purchase date, regardless of the Bitdefender Central activation timestamp. If you have purchased a license from one of our trusted partners, the validity countdown begins after redeeming the activation code."

"…If you have purchased a license from one of our trusted partners, the validity countdown begins after redeeming the activation code." Does this mean I can wait a year to activate a subscription from a trusted partner?

Best Answer

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    Answer ✓

Hi @zapjb,

Yes, technically, whenever you purchase an activation code from a trusted Bitdefender Partner, you basically receive a license. When you purchase your security solution online at www.bitdefender.com, you are enrolled in a subscription which you may choose to renew automatically or cancel later on. When ordering from the official website, the subscription becomes active as soon as the purchase is settled. On the other hand, licenses are usually not set to renew automatically (unless indicated otherwise by the vendor), as such, there is no specific interval in which it is mandatory to enter the activation code in Central, so the license can be activated later, say in a year.

I hope the information provides more clarity and thank you @Scott for jumping in.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

Answers

• Scott
    Scott Defender of the month mod
    edited July 18

I would like to say yes, it will only become active once you enter it, activate it in your Central account. BUT, lets get absolute confirmation from @Alexandru_BD who works at Bitdefender for peace of mind, as far as being able to activate it a year later.

If needed, you could also get a hold of Chat support.

Select, Purchase & Manage Subscription and go through the prompts until you get to the black Contact Support box. You will have the the options of Chat, Call or Email. Chat is the quickest way to get thing started, phone support is not toll-free.

And just an aside, FYI for future reference:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1715/

Kind regards.

All Bitdefender Home Product User Guides: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/user-guides/

• @Alexandru_BD

Thanks for the clear answer. I was able to buy at a super price from a BD trusted partner.

This discussion has been closed.