Recent patch this week hosed my PC

Not sure if this is happening to anyone else.

This week like Thursday/Friday. When i open a browser chrome/edge and click on a link or do a web search It fails to a page that displays Error connection closed. Tried all the fixes online regarding error connection closed and none of them work. If i backdate to a previous windows 11 image i made on july 5th. It works just fine till the bitdefender patch loads and then im not able to search or click on anything again. Attempted to uncheck everything in bitdefender but its still was a no go. The only way i was able to click on links and do web searches was to completely uninstall bitdefender. Even tried to uninstall and re-install with no luck using revo uninstaller. Cant say I want to run this without any protection. At this point up against the wall. Please help.

Comments

• Hello @RIL4 and welcome to the community.

I'm sorry to hear this. Can you share more details regarding your Bitdefender version, the browser used and also the search engine? I think this will require a more in-depth investigation and my recommendation would be to contact the Support engineers and provide them with additional information. Since this is a very specific issue, the best way of troubleshooting would be to generate a Support Tool log. The tool gathers logs and product usage information, necessary for further investigation. Here you will find the steps to generate the logs:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/1733/

To contact Bitdefender Support, head to the link below:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

State your contact reason / choose request category, then choose from the available contact channels, chat, phone and email/ticket. Chat would be the fastest way to reach them.

Let us know how it goes.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• That is about the same time I started having issues …can't open youtube, banking sites, email, amazon, etc.

I have tried restarting routers, and modems, turning off Bit Defender, Clearing temp files …still not working.

I called Bid Defender and they say it is not their issue…but apparently it is.

• Hello,

This behavior is currently being investigated. There is a workaround, you can temporarily disable the Encrypted Web Scan feature. Bring up Bitdefender and go to Protection → Online Threat Prevention → Settings → turn OFF Encrypted Web Scan and try again to launch the pages.

Let us know if this worked for you.

Regards

• Thank you!!!! I just installed Bitdefender with the migration from Kaspersky and have been pulling out my hair. To get to any websites I had to completely uninstall VPN which worked for most, but not all websites. This fix seems to take care of the rest.

My question is - what am I paying for if I have to disable most of the protection so I can use the internet? You guys need to figure this out!

ymp50

• Hi @ymp50,

Please bear with us for a little bit longer as the devs will solve this eventually. I'm sorry to hear this was your first experience with Bitdefender, it is an unfortunate exception to the absolutely impeccable functionality of this software.