Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bdis2009 Update 12-0-11 Causes Problems With...

I posted this a few days ago however a reply seems to have implied that this is fixed, it isn't fixed. Help still needed.

A few days ago BD did an update (XP pro/SP3) and greeted me with a "Must reboot now" order. Okay, I rebooted and went happily on my way until I started using Thunderbird Email and notice that the BD Spam Toolbar is a.f.u.

In my InBox the BD spam toolbar is now absent and trying to cause it to show doesn't work, the item is grayed out in the View Toolbar menu.

If I open an email, then I do see the BD spam toolbar, it appears active, and the View tab lets me show it or hide it. Too bad it doesn't work at all.

Before my morning command reboot I had a BD spam toolbar in my inbox and it worked just fine there.

Help

Fungus

Comments

• Yeah,I've no e-mail protection either.

Quit ZA due to crap like this ,seems time to jump ship here too.

To bad as this WAS as good program.

Seems though no ones listening or trying to fix it.

• Still no BD spam bar in Thunderbird email "in box". It is in the "view" box, but grayed out.

Still no helpful suggestions.

If I didn't enjoy tinkering with computers, I'd buy a different software package today.

Fungus

• tsec
    edited November 2008

Hello...

Will the information in this thread help?

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=9398

I lost my toolbar too in Thunderbird - I have it back now, but sadly it doesnt work - hitting the buttons to open up friends list etc does nothing.

Mods / helpers - please look at the thread above - any ideas how to resolve the issue of the non-function tool bar?

• fungus
    edited November 2008

More info on this issue:

I found that a BD folder is empty, no files. This folder is:

C:\Documents and Settings\"user"\Application Data\Thunderbird\Profiles\flv...4h.default\extensions\bdThunderbird@bitdefender.com

Naming a folder to be "bdThunderbird@bitdefender.com" is a little strange too.

I suspect that this might need files to tell TBird to use a spam toolbar.

I have a folder in Tbird that is named the same and does have files in it.

Copying files to the empty folder doesn't work, I think BD won't allow it.

Fungus.