Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 09 And Update 12.0.11 Futility

Options

1. Automatically update to 12.0.11 and choose reboot.

2. Total security no longer runs and tray icon is grey with message 'Bitdefender Security Server is unvailable (VSSERV.exe)'.

3. 'chat' with tech support. Tech support says that a major update is available and all I have to do is reboot my PC (hmmmm).

4. Reboot PC and nothing happens. Do a manual update and Bitdefender downloads 0kb, then finishes. Yeah.

5. 'chat' with tech support. Tech support sends me 'tools' (without elaberating what they are) to my email.

6. Run the sysdump and FileInfo2008 programs. Sysdump creates a file while FileInfo 2008 fails to run with the error that 'MFC71.DLL' is missing. This is a class object, I believe which is hard to find.

7. Tech support wants me to attach the sysdump and FileInfo 2008 results in a return email. I cannot do this since BitDefender is blocking Yahoo from allowing me to attach files to my email. Apparently this is because of a cookie control which can be turned off in advance view of Bitdefender, but since I can't get into the application, I can't uncheck the cookie box to enable attachments.

8. Yeah......

9. 'chat' with tech support again and this bright fellow sends me the same email that the previous one did talking about sysdumps and fileinfo2008 even though I explained we tried this before and it didn't work.

10. Asked tech support what the current version of Total Security 2009 was for PC and the reply was 'Yes'.

11. As in the new Jim Carrey movie...Yes is the new No.

I'll try again with tech support, but I'm not hopeful. I really liked this software compared to ZoneAlarm and I was a customer with ZoneAlarm when they first released years ago. I don't think I can put in the same amount of patience with this vendor when there are many other offerings out there now.

Too bad as their software is pretty good, but their tech support is really dreadful and is the deal breaker here.

Comments

• I agree with you 100%. Software is solid but tech support is horrible, and what I've found, unresponsive. I've had a pending issue for months and they ran me through some similar processes as you went through, but never analyzed my files, and never responded. On a recent second round of queries about my issue, they had me run the exact same tests and promised they'd respond in two hours. That was two days ago and I haven't heard a thing. I tried chat support but they don't answer. I tried calling but they don't pick up. I tried emailing but they don't respond. And finally I tried this forum but they are avoiding me here as well. What can be done? It's not like you can get a hold of someone and ask to speak to their superior....

Forgive my ranting here on your post; but it seems like we are getting similar mistreatment. Good luck to you.

Andio

1. Automatically update to 12.0.11 and choose reboot.

2. Total security no longer runs and tray icon is grey with message 'Bitdefender Security Server is unvailable (VSSERV.exe)'.

3. 'chat' with tech support. Tech support says that a major update is available and all I have to do is reboot my PC (hmmmm).

4. Reboot PC and nothing happens. Do a manual update and Bitdefender downloads 0kb, then finishes. Yeah.

5. 'chat' with tech support. Tech support sends me 'tools' (without elaberating what they are) to my email.

6. Run the sysdump and FileInfo2008 programs. Sysdump creates a file while FileInfo 2008 fails to run with the error that 'MFC71.DLL' is missing. This is a class object, I believe which is hard to find.

7. Tech support wants me to attach the sysdump and FileInfo 2008 results in a return email. I cannot do this since BitDefender is blocking Yahoo from allowing me to attach files to my email. Apparently this is because of a cookie control which can be turned off in advance view of Bitdefender, but since I can't get into the application, I can't uncheck the cookie box to enable attachments.

8. Yeah......

9. 'chat' with tech support again and this bright fellow sends me the same email that the previous one did talking about sysdumps and fileinfo2008 even though I explained we tried this before and it didn't work.

10. Asked tech support what the current version of Total Security 2009 was for PC and the reply was 'Yes'.

11. As in the new Jim Carrey movie...Yes is the new No.

I'll try again with tech support, but I'm not hopeful. I really liked this software compared to ZoneAlarm and I was a customer with ZoneAlarm when they first released years ago. I don't think I can put in the same amount of patience with this vendor when there are many other offerings out there now.

Too bad as their software is pretty good, but their tech support is really dreadful and is the deal breaker here.