Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Major Issues Total Security 2009

Options
Natureboy
edited November 2008 in General talk

Ok, I have used the 2008 & 2007 versions of this software and have been very happy with it so far. I switched after having lots of issues with Zonealarm.

I now got a new pc, and decided to purchase a brand new license and keep the 2008 version on my old computer.

Upon installing the 2009 version I have experienced the following errors :

- The Bitdefender Icon on the taskbar turns grey for no reason. The error message something like "Bitdefender is not responding, blah, blah, blah) After lots of restarts it usually starts running again. Which leads me to the next issue ---->

- When it finally starts to work again after several restarts, it says the Firewall is Disabled, and when I press "Fix" button nothing happens, I then switch to Advance Mode, to manually apply the firewall and get the following error :

"BitDefender Firewall Error - Can't Communicate with the Bitdefender Virus Shield Service"

- also, when in the "Not responding" - mode, it block several ports on my computer which results in not being able to download email via Outlook, Firebird etc. This is issue is not appearing(for obvious reasons) when I get the "Firewall is disabled" error.

- and, it closes/minimized several full-screen games to desktop every other minute.

- AND its impossible to actually UN-INSTALL this crap, since I get an error when trying to un-install that says I don't have permission/right to un-install it.( And yes, I am running as Admin as well) When I try to un-install the program in safe-mode, it just says it cannot run Windows Installer.

I cant believe I actually convinced my in-laws to buy this program - I guess I'll have some explaining to do...

Anyone know if there is any fixes to this coming up, or can help me un-install this horrible program so I can get another security-program?

Kind Regards,

N.