Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security 2009 Is Working Again After The Update!

Options

I've been down ever since the 12.0.11 update and it's finally working. I was about to use the 'special' uninstall tool and install the full executible application they sent a link to, but don't need to.

First off, I've had much let down by their tech support, however the last person I chatted with actually stayed on and helped me out instead of justing saying they were going to email me sysdump and fileinfo2008, which to me is just fluffing you off and won't do anything with the info anyway (I know, I've worked tech support before).

So, thank you tech support lady for hanging in there with me and listenting to why I couldn't atttach files in yahoo, etc.

Now, more to the point.

I regards to the auto update to 12.0.11, my guess is what went wrong was the update service, not so much the update itself. I say this because bitdefender said they had a propblem with their update server, so what probably happened was that when the software updated a couple weeks ago, it actually got a PARTIAL update from their server, leaving the application non-functioning or semi-functioning as Vista security center reported the firewall and antivirus and antispam as running even though I couldn't get into the applicaiton and it was greyed out.

So, some tips. When you get tech support, do not let them just send you the sydump tool, etc. Ask them to help you troubleshoot the problem and don't take no for an answer. Refuse the sysdump & fileinfo tools.

Second, if all else fails, you can try to 'repair' the application through the programs group, but the 'repair' button was greyed out for me. Do not use the uninstall button, but instead as for the link to the uninstall tool and the link to the full applicaitons executable file, which they have in various forms according to your operating system. Make sure they give you the right executable.

Last, make darn sure you have your license handy before uninstalling the applicaton, otherwise you'll be in trial mode and we all know what that means.

Good luck to everyone. Perhaps they'll be more vigillent in their future 'updates' and how their server sends them out. Hang in there and don't let tech support fluff you off.