vpn & hackers

Rock.87
Rock.87
edited September 20 in VPN

Cyberghost claims that hackers ll need to break 40 ip addresses to reach their user's real ip address, what is the bitdefender vpn's defense mechanism in this scenario ?

Answers

• Hello @Rock.87,

Bitdefender VPN uses Hydra protocol on all platforms, 256-bit AES encryption, or the highest available cypher supported by both client and server, with Perfect Forward Secrecy. This means that encryption keys are generated for each new VPN session and erased from memory when the session is over.

In regard to the scenario you have described, can you share a link to that article or more details about this claim? It's unclear to me what "40 IP addresses" means or by which methods an attacker can reach the real IP address, as this seems unlikely to happen in my opinion..

Anyway, for peace of mind I think you can also use the double-hop feature.

The main purpose of a multi-hop VPN is to add double encryption and extra security to your internet traffic. By passing through multiple VPN servers, your traffic is further obfuscated, making it harder for internet service providers, government agencies, or hackers, to trace your online activities back to your original IP address. This feature is more commonly employed by individuals who require maximum anonymity and security, such as journalists, activists, or users located in regions with strict internet censorship and surveillance.

Although safer than a regular VPN connection, a double-hop VPN setup is not commonly used for everyday browsing because it can slow down your internet connection due to the increased number of server hops.

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/94033/

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• i do not remember the link mate because i read it few years ago on the cyberghost's website. thx for the suggestion.

This discussion has been closed.