Why is it not possible to contact Bitdefender?

SIAT
edited September 13 in General Topics

I have just renewed my Bitdefender and It is now due to expire in October 2025. However, after I had renewed it they sent me an email telling me that they were going to take a payment of more than twice the amount I had just paid in August 2025, two months before my next renewal is due.

I realise that they like people to use automatic renewal but this has prompted me to ensure that they are unable to take any further payments at all.

I have been unable to find any means to contact Bitdefender so unless I can find a means of doing so I will leave a one star review on Trust Pilot to see if that gets their attention.

😣😦😖

Answers

• Gjoksi
    Gjoksi mod
    edited September 13

Hello.
    ONLY Bitdefender staff can have access to your Bitdefender Central account, your devices, your payments/purchases and/or your subscription(s).
    So, you should contact Bitdefender Consumer Support by chat, telephone or e-mail:

https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Chat is the fastest way to get in touch with Bitdefender Consumer Support.
    Select: Purchase & Manage Subscription -> My Bitdefender Central Account, click on Contact Support in the black box and then click on Chat 24/7.
    NOTE: Bitdefender telephone support is not toll-free!

Also, @Alexandru_BD (who works for Bitdefender) can take a look here and help you with the issue. You can PM him.

You can stop the auto-renewal for the Bitdefender subscription, by following these steps:
    https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/answer/29081/
    Just follow the steps as described in Method 1, because some users in the past reported that the steps from Method 2 didn't stop the auto-renewal.
    Also, from my personal experience, Method 1 did/does the job.

Regards.

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited September 13

Hello @SIAT,

The Bitdefender security solutions come with an automatic renewal feature, but in the event you do not require this, you can disable it anytime. The automatic renewal pricing is not linked to ongoing offers, discounts and promotions available at the official website or at different points of sale throughout the Bitdefender Partner Network, and for this reason they are trying to offer customers the opportunity to manually renew at favorable prices during the subscription period. The price at which the auto-renewal is applied can be seen in automatic notifications so that any customer can request either the deactivation of the option, or a more advantageous offer. So, while it may seem that the price has doubled when compared to the initial aquisition, that's actually the full list price of the product that is applied when the subscription renewal is billed automatically, because the Bitdefender products usually come with a discounted price for the first year of subscription, and this is also mentioned on the relevant product pages.

To me it sounds like you have renewed your protection manually and the previous subscription had the automatic renewal feature still enabled? If that's the case, you can follow Gjoksi's instructions to disable it, since you have already renewed. Or, you can get in touch with the Support teams and they'll sort this out for you. In my opinion, there's no reason to go on Trustpilot for a bad review, since Bitdefender does have 3 contact channels available for customers and they will gladly assist you, if you get in touch with them. Then you can decide how many stars they deserve. 😉

Let us know how it went.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user

• I also have been trying to contact bitdefender as I keep getting emails telling me our subscription is ending soon - and it is not!!! We just purchased a yearly subscription on August 29th, 2024.

Very annoying that you cannot contact someone EASILY! Instead I just get to waste a lot of my time trying to correct this as annoying to keep being told this.

What to do?????

• Kindly contact Bitdefender support by visiting https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help

Select, How to's & Troubleshooting Bitdefender productsTroubleshootingI don't knowContact Support→ You will get the option of chatcall or email.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)