Bitdefender still running programs.

Hello. I installed the Bitdefender installer a while back, but decided not go through with the install of Bitdefender (it wanted me to delete my existing anti-virus).

I recently checked my Task Manager, and saw that some Bitdefender programs were running. I find this weird, since I never installed Bitdefender, and I deleted the installer.

Any suggestions as to why this is, and how I can put them to sleep.

Comments

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 3

Hello @Pyromemeac,

True, during the setup, Bitdefender identifies other security products that were previously installed. To ensure these different security solutions will not cause difficulties, you will be advised to uninstall them. Having two or more security solutions installed at the same time can have a negative impact on your computer. The symptoms may include but are not limited to degraded performance, system crashes, and software errors.

You may be tempted to keep all security solutions as a multi-layered defense mechanism, but this won't make your device more secure, on the contrary, the two products will compete for the same resources and proper malware detection can also be affected.

Should you wish to keep your existing security solution and remove Bitdefender completely from your system, simply use the relevant uninstall tool available here, as this will delete all traces of the software from your device.

I hope this helps.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user