Extremely Bad Support from Bitdefender

Never really had a problem with the product until you needed help and the support is so bad! The support is typically non-existent and the support staff is extremely rude and obnoxious. How do you file a complaint?

Comments

• Flexx
    Flexx mod
    edited October 12

It's unfortunate to hear about your experience with Bitdefender support. I understand how frustrating that can be. Kindly share the specific issue you're encountering here on the forum. The community might be able to offer insights.

Also, kindly note that Bitdefender staff are not available on the forum over the weekends. However, you can still share your query here, and the Bitdefender team will get back to you once they're available on Monday.

Regards

Life happens, Coffee helps!

Show your Attitude, when you reach that Altitude!

Bitdefender Ultimate Security Plus (user)

• Petersl
    Petersl ✭✭✭

Hi @Simba873

I have been in contact with bitdefender support many times and I've never experienced them being rude to me.

I have however experienced sometimes very slow response for support (sometimes weeks until receiving a response), also sometime it appears to me they're not always fully reading my query's because I sometimes receive only a standard response from them and have to ask the same question multiple times to get an coherent answer.

I also sometimes have gotten an answer from them that was unrelated to the query I sent them and them have to sent them my query again explaining in more details (sometimes multiple times) to then finally get a proper answer.

I find that in my personal experience with bitdefender support that they how ever are always quite polite but slow to response which does me feel ignored and frustrated.

Also that they are not always seem to be reading or maybe understanding my query (perhaps I'm not explaining it correctly to them?) or it's an AI that sometimes answers?

Either way I do understand that bitdefender support has many thousand of tickets to process in any given week but I do think they should maybe either hire more staff to response to tickets or change there response policy to maybe always answer in an appropriate time (a few days ok but several weeks come on!)

• Alexandru_BD
    Alexandru_BD admin
    edited October 14

Hello @Simba873,

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback with us. I regret to hear of this inconvenience and I sincerely apologize for the experience you had on behalf of the Bitdefender Support teams.

Now, in their defense, I can tell you that the Bitdefender Support teams are very professional and good at their job.
    I know this because I have worked alongside them for many years. They employ exceptionally skilled people and focus intensively on their training, setting the ideal framework for development and mentorship, to improve their knowledge and skills and to carve the right career path. And it's not just us beating our own drum, there are many online reviews that confirm the level of dedication and excelence when it comes to consumer Support at Bitdefender, and some of them can be consulted on Trustpilot, for example.

Furthermore, you can tell that Bitdefender invests in providing its users with a positive customer experience simply by looking at all the different ways a customer can find support. Because Bitdefender is a valued provider who strives to provide customers an unparalleled level of fast and accurate support, to match its leading and innovative security solutions. There's the Support Center, where you can find troubleshooting steps, instructions, user guides and answers to common questions, to help you find relevant solutions in a timely manner. This is the knowledge base that contains articles and common fixes for frequently asked questions and represents the self-service area available for all Bitdefender users.

Then there's this Community, which serves as an environment where Bitdefender users, enthusiasts and fans can engage, exchange ideas, support eachother and share their knowledge and solutions. It is also a place of ideation and provides valuable feedback to our development teams. Of course, in the event a solution is not found on the forum, usually more information is required for troubleshooting, such as logs coming from the product and in some cases, remote intervention must be carried out. This will help the engineers obtain a better understanding of the context and the circumstances involved. Such specific operations cannot be carried in the public forum, thus it is recommended to contact the Bitdefender Support Teams, for a detailed investigation. And this leads us to the multiple contact channels available for customers to choose from, phone, chat, email / contact form.

All of the above fall under the Support umbrella and I don't know how many vedors or businesses can boast of so many methods of assistance offered to clients.. if this is not a solid argument that underlines the concern that this company has for the well-being and positive experience of its customers, I don't know what else is…

Yes, there can be delays sometimes, things are not always perfect, but this involves multiple factors, the workload at the time, unforeseeable events, a spike of incoming requests, available agents at any given time and the list goes on. Delays may also occur if the issue presented cannot be resolved on the spot, or if there's a known bug/issue at hand, or if the Support teams are dependent on other teams and ongoing investigations which may take time to resolve. But to say that they are all bad just because in your case unfortunately things didn't go as planned, is like giving a one-star review to a Michelin-starred restaurant simply because one of the oysters was bad..

Going forward, I have asked one of my colleagues to get in touch with you as soon as possible. Based on my findings, the issue you have reported is related to a Netgear router, if I'm not mistaken. I hope your request can be resolved in a swift manner.

I rest my case and I appreciate your time and patience throughout this process.

Regards,

Alex

Premium Security & Bitdefender Endpoint Security Tools user