Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Trojan.agentmb.jixq513316

Options

hi all! i was infected with this virus days ago and bit defender was able to identify this as Trojan.AgentMB.JIXQ513316...i can't upload a sample because bitdefender's blocking any activity from this virus. i can't risk unblocking in because it's already spread quite a bit before i was able to install bitdefender. i need help how to eliminate this and save my computer from a total overhaul (reformat). bitdefender only blocks this but doesn't remove.

at first i thought it was newfolder.exe virus but courtesy of a trial version of security task manager, it was revealed to be called FUvirus.exe (Welcome To FU virus!). it was able to delete it from the system32 folder but hasn't been able to rid my computer entirely of the infection. to date, i can't find any information about this particular virus or even its alias anywhere on google. :(

so far the activities of this virus are:

autolaunches on start-up

bogs down system processes by as much as 50%

blocks/escapes detection by most antivirus/spyware detection

hides in the system32 folder

replicates itself in other drives, impersonates folders but attaches a .exe to the name and creates application folders

hides the "real" folders

jumps from USB to USB ports/devices

any help would be very very much appreciated! thanks!