Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Off To A Bad Start

Options

New laptop. First thing I did was install BD AV2009. Then installed MS Office 2007, SecureCRT WinRaR, Sam Spade and WireShark. Internet and Wireless up and down, hangs. Outlook stops working. I noticed that the scan was hung on a file (Bad CRC). I tried to stop the scan several times but no response. Finally, killed it and tried to remove it. During this procedure it complained that there was a second install in progress. After several tries an uninstall option appeared and I asked it to uninstall. It removed the icons finally but said that there were registry items that it couldn't uninstall. I re-installed it and it ran the scan all the way through and claimed that I had rootkits in 510 files (mostly dlls, cat, sys, etc. in a C:\RR\ backups...blah, blah, blah path. Am hoping the rootkit items are false positives. This morning I am back to the original problem of having the scan stopped on a file (again, Bad CRC). I am wanting to like and use this software but can't invest much more time into it.

Anyone had similar issues? This laptop is a brand new Lenovo if that matters.

Thanks in advance for any suggestions!