Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Are Incremental Updates Planned?

Options

Just installed BD AV 2009 and noticed that the updates in the Threat Scanner folder are 30MB+ in size. Looking in the Plugins folder I see that alot of the files are not changed, some are dated as old as 12/16/04, so is BD actually downloading an entire set of files each time?

Are incremental updates planned for a future update, and if so when can we expect to see this?

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    Just installed BD AV 2009 and noticed that the updates in the Threat Scanner folder are 30MB+ in size. Looking in the Plugins folder I see that alot of the files are not changed, some are dated as old as 12/16/04, so is BD actually downloading an entire set of files each time?

Are incremental updates planned for a future update, and if so when can we expect to see this?

BD has a big update at a clean install ,then it updates "incremental".Sometimes bigger updates( software patches) may be supplied.

• I installed the program over the weekend and what I noticed is that each time it updates it creates a new folder in the "Threat Scanner" folder that is approximately 34MB.

The update I see for today is in a folder named "av32bit_8937" and yesterdays is "av32bit_8926" and both are the same size, so is it really doing an incremental update of only the changed files or is it downloading everything?