Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

What Does The 'bitdefender Firewall Ndis Filterdriver' Serve? Disabled It And Firewall Blocks Is Fix

Options
dieselgg
edited December 2008 in General talk

Does anyone know what purpose does the 'BitDefender Firewall NDIS FilterDriver' serve?

Under Vista for the longest time accessing yahoo email, google searches and internet would be very, very slow. I would get time out and webpage not accessible messages.

I then found the this 'BitDefender Firewall NDIS FilterDriver' installed under properties for the Local Area Connection. By disabling it, everything is working fine. My firewall is still up and running with no comprismise. I tested it at the 'Shield Up' website. This filter driver is creating some sort of conflict. The firewall is still shown as being Enabled in BitDefender.

I hope this helps anyone who has a similar problem.

Comments

• I've encountered a number of users who are unable to access the internet or to VPN to other sites with this activated. I get an error that this is not a Windows-approved item that I'm installing.