Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender Free Online Scanner And Trial 2009 Versions Don't Work

Options

I have tried to use the free online scanner and whilst it's trying to update the antivirus program and antivirus signatures so that a scan can be done,it gets to 98% and then gives a failure message.I tried to do this twice with same result.

I then tried to install the trial version of bit defender 2009 but it only installed the exe file.When clicking on that it starts to do the job but after about 2% it gives another fail message.Any suggestion?Thanks.

Comments

• what is the exact error message in the case of the trail product? and what product were you trying to install?

• with the online scanner it said something like ''bitdefender failed to update but you can still scan your system but the results might not be 100 percent accurate''Of course I tried that but it wouldn't scan anything.

With the 2009 trial version it installed bitdefender_tsecurity.exe plus gave me the option to install a windows 3.1 update which I did.Double clicking on the bitdefender_tsecurity.exe file it started to do the install then after only about 2% I got the failure message which unfortunately I can't remember the exact wording but it looked like it was saying there was something wrong with the point of origin.Sorry that's not much help. As part of the 2009 trial version it installed a program - windows KB890830-V1.17.exe and I ran this program and it scanned the system and the results were no malicious files found,yet my avast antivirus program has found 134 hidden rootkits.Wondering if they're false positives and am trying to get bit defender to do a scan so I can post it in support of this.

I posted elsewhere about the avast results but was told I needed to run bitdefender and post a scan and my other thread was automatically closed.Now I can't even run the bitdefender scan that you've asked for.