Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 2009 Poll - Working Or Not?

Options

Poll to find out how many people are having troubles with the software.

Comments

• duff138
    edited December 2008
    Options

Since it asks for a reboot a few days ago mine computer has been a mess. Finally got my computer up and running again, but can not reinstall BD. It keeps telling me older version not successfully uninstalled. Spent hours today on it. Missed 3 hours of work yesterday because I was at home trying to get my computer working.

I've had Bitdefender for about 2 weeks. First 3 days it found a trojan, but couldn't remove it. I had to buy Malewarebytes to remove it. Now I had to download Comodo free firewall and antivirus so I have some protection while I wait for Bitdefender support to get back to me!

• My BitDefender Total Security 2009 has, for the most part, been working. However, I have had a few issues like the large Gmail attachment issue and an inability to print to my network printer where it sure would have been great if a message would have popped up letting me know what was going on. Instead, I'm left to scratch my head to figure out, eventually, that my security software has interacted in some way without any user notirfication of that. So I spend hours trying to get Gmail and my printer to work when I should be looking at BitDefender settings.

So far, though, the software seems to be updating OK and doing its job well and not having a big performance drain on my desktop system. I'm fairly happy now.

Brian

• The Bitdefender "internet Security 2009" is working to a certain extent, but it is still somewhat buggy. For example: the protection services shutting off on me randomly, bitdefender 'forgetting' the options I set after some updates, and on occasions update failures when their is an active internet connection.

• For me, BDIS 2009 is still in beta land.

I went back to BDIS 2008 and now everything is happy again.

Fungus

• kungfu
    edited December 2008
    Options

Am using the 2008 Version and am not planning to switch (Again/Ever) soon, the 2008 version isnot working as i should also but its atleast 100 times better then the 2009 TS version ,if the 2008 version gets a bit better I will keep it with that version !

• I have a working installation of BD2009 on WinXP, but recently added it to two new computers, both running Windows Vista, and have had nothing but problems on one of them.

I have a critical warning that "You have never scanned your computer for malware". Clicking on red "FIX THIS ISSUE" from the Dashboard brings up a Fix All Issues window, but neither the red "FIX" button beside the error message within Local Security, or the red "Fix This Issue" at the bottom of the window have any effect. The only button that works is the grey "Close" button at the bottom right. This is on a brand-new system straight out of the box, with nothing but the OS installed.

It looks like others on this forum are having similar problems, but I've yet to see any official response, or a timeline for resolving them.

That being said, my existing installation on XP works great. If only the same could be said for the version running on Vista!