Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Command Line Scanning

Options

I know that I can launch UISCAN.EXE and, using a tree control, select a folder to scan. Is there a way to avoid the tree control, and specify the scan from the command line? E.g., something like:

C:\><path to BitDefender>\UISCAN.EXE C:\MYTESTFOLDER

Alternatively, perhaps it's possible to invoke a saved scan from the command line? E.g.,

C:\><path to BitDefender>\UISCAN.EXE <Name of my saved scan>

My scheduled scans invoke UISCAN, but do not pop up a tree control, so I think that what I want to do must be possible.

Can anyone help?

TIA,

Doug

Comments

• as far as I know, you can not avoid that tree control. But you should try the 'bdc.exe' file from one of the folders in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner. the bdc has a couple of options in the command prompt.

• as far as I know, you can not avoid that tree control. But you should try the 'bdc.exe' file from one of the folders in this folder: C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner. the bdc has a couple of options in the command prompt.

Rsenic,

Thanks, but my BitDefender 2008 doesn't have a bdc.exe. Maybe I'm out of luck.

Doug

• do you have any folders in C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\? look in all the folders there and you should find it :ph34r:

• do you have any folders in C:\Program Files\Common Files\BitDefender\BitDefender Threat Scanner\? look in all the folders there and you should find it :ph34r:

Rsenic,

Thanks, I found it. Is bdc.exe the actual engine behind uiscan.exe?

Doug

• i don't know that exactly, but i think it is a version of it modified to be able to input more option than the uiscan one. If you check it with /? in command prompt, you will see that it have a few parameters that can be set.

• Unknown
    edited December 2008
    Options
    I know that I can launch UISCAN.EXE and, using a tree control, select a folder to scan. Is there a way to avoid the tree control, and specify the scan from the command line? E.g., something like:

C:\><path to BitDefender>\UISCAN.EXE C:\MYTESTFOLDER

Alternatively, perhaps it's possible to invoke a saved scan from the command line? E.g.,

C:\><path to BitDefender>\UISCAN.EXE <Name of my saved scan>

My scheduled scans invoke UISCAN, but do not pop up a tree control, so I think that what I want to do must be possible.

Can anyone help?

TIA,

Doug

You can find all the info you need regarding this query at:

Virus scanning from command prompt

Cheers,

Daniel M.

P.S. I do have to add that the KB is for the v10 however the commands and the same file is present in the 2008/2009 version. Enjoy :)