Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Antispam Causes Plain-text And No "from" Or "subject"

Options

I have fully upgraded from Internet Security 2008 to 2009 following the full uninstall process before loading the new version.

Now I am noticing a strange thing in Outlook when Anti-Spam is enabled ...

The Inbox fields are empty for the "From" and "Subject" columns.

And, the message is in plain-text format.

And, the message winds up in my generic "Inbox" folder.

If I disable the Anti-Spam module ...

The "From" and "Subject" fields are proper.

The message is now in HTML format (when sent that way).

And, the message is moved to the proper sub-folder based on my Outlook Account rules.

This is beyond annoying and I'm looking for a fix, please!

Thanks.

post-20176-1229105852_thumb.jpg

Comments

• I believe I have found part of the problem ...

First, I completely uninstalled 2009 - again - as well as ran the BitDefender Uninstall Tool. I then rebooted in Selective Startup mode and re-installed 2009 Internet Security - rebooting each time I was asked. All went well.

In the end, I'm still getting messages that come thru as plain text IF I have the Spam Blocker enabled.

NOW, here's the strange part. Some emails come thru fine, others come thru as Plain Text. I have some email accounts with a program called Box Trapper at my Domain server (BlueHost.com) and I have some without that Spam controller turned on.

With BitDefender Internet Security 2009's Anti-Spam disabled, ALL emails come thru in the format the sender used.

With BitDefender Internet Security 2009's Anti-Spam enabled, ALL emails to Box-Trapper-controlled mail accounts come thru in plain text, no subject and no sender information in my Inbox's header line.

I now need help from BitDefender and BlueHost.com to see how this annoyance can be solved.

• Crest
    edited December 2008
    Options

I'm having the same problem with Box Trapper anti spam on my mail server and BitDefender 2009 Antivirus (not running the full suite) causing the e-mails to come in with blank subjects and sender / recipient details etc, and losing all HTML formatting. If I disable Box Trapper, e-mails come in correctly.

Box Trapper inserts custom headers into the e-mail to show it's been handled by them (e.g. X-BOXTRAPPER-QUEUE) and I suspect that something about the custom headers is breaking the BitDefender scanning tool. On other accounts, I have SpamAssassin running, and they don't appear to break it, as the headers come in correctly. I'm unsure if the problem is a combination of the mail server software and Box Trapper, or if it's Box Trapper only.

Given that the accounts which I have Box Trapper on receive thousands of e-mails a day (catch-all account for domains etc) having to disable it in order to see full e-mail details is not something I want to do long term.

• I'm having the same problem with Box Trapper anti spam on my mail server and BitDefender 2009 Antivirus (not running the full suite) causing the e-mails to come in with blank subjects and sender / recipient details etc, and losing all HTML formatting. If I disable Box Trapper, e-mails come in correctly.

Box Trapper inserts custom headers into the e-mail to show it's been handled by them (e.g. X-BOXTRAPPER-QUEUE) and I suspect that something about the custom headers is breaking the BitDefender scanning tool. On other accounts, I have SpamAssassin running, and they don't appear to break it, as the headers come in correctly. I'm unsure if the problem is a combination of the mail server software and Box Trapper, or if it's Box Trapper only.

Given that the accounts which I have Box Trapper on receive thousands of e-mails a day (catch-all account for domains etc) having to disable it in order to see full e-mail details is not something I want to do long term.

I went the other route ... I disabled the Anti-Spam module of BitDefender and kept my BoxTrapper turned on.

I have a ticket opened with BitDefender ... though it's been two days and I've heard nothing ... I set up a test POP account on my personal domain so they can actively test this issue AT their end and try to resolve it.

• I went the other route ... I disabled the Anti-Spam module of BitDefender and kept my BoxTrapper turned on.

I have a ticket opened with BitDefender ... though it's been two days and I've heard nothing ... I set up a test POP account on my personal domain so they can actively test this issue AT their end and try to resolve it.

I would disable the antispam except that I have yet to find the option in Antivirus 2009. (not using the full suite version that you are) If anyone can point me in the right direction to disable it in AV 2009 I would appreciate it.

• I would disable the antispam except that I have yet to find the option in Antivirus 2009. (not using the full suite version that you are) If anyone can point me in the right direction to disable it in AV 2009 I would appreciate it.

If you right click on the BitDefender globe in the System Tray and choose "Show", then choose "Switch to Advanced View", do you not have a tab on the left labeled "AntiSpam" ... in which - to the right (after you choose it) you can uncheck the "AntiSpam is Enabled" box?

• Box Trapper inserts custom headers into the e-mail to show it's been handled by them (e.g. X-BOXTRAPPER-QUEUE) and I suspect that something about the custom headers is breaking the BitDefender scanning tool. On other accounts, I have SpamAssassin running, and they don't appear to break it, as the headers come in correctly. I'm unsure if the problem is a combination of the mail server software and Box Trapper, or if it's Box Trapper only.