Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Ts 2009 Installation Creates Folder Called 'binaries' On D:/

joah
edited December 2008 in General talk

The folder mentioned in the topic title is created as a part of the BD TS 2009 installation, and more specific as a part of the File Vault feature of the program. I asked chat support about it, and even though it is still not clear to me why this should be on D:, chat support suggested that it can be removed without any problem.

Here's my conversation:

joah: after installing BD TS 2009 i get a folder called binaries on D:/?

You are now speaking with Alexander of Technical Support.

Alexander: Welcome to BitDefender LiveAssistance!, joah! Thank you for your interest in our security solution BitDefender.

joah: hi

Alexander: Hello Joah.

Alexander: Can you tell me what Windows system do you use?

joah: XP pro

joah: SP 3

joah: the binaries folder was created on an empty drive

joah: It is part of .NET installation i believe

Alexander: It is normal to have the binaries folder on your D drive.

joah: I dont think it is normal because it came with the installation of BitDefender. Before i did not have that folder.

Alexander: It is created by the File vault module Joah.

joah: Why is it on an empty HD?

joah: Why not on C

joah: Can I remove it?

Alexander: it will not interfere with you in any way Joah.

Alexander: You will have to simply ignore it.

joah: I like to keep things organized, and now this is here, disrupting my organization. I'm sorry but it DOES interfere. Can you tell me why it must be on D: ?

Alexander: It has some scripts files that are required when you create Vault File.

joah: I have other empty HD's in my system, why are no binaries folders there?

Alexander: This file is create on the second partition after the one where you have your operating system .

joah: But why? please explain? I dont understand. Could it not be created on C:?

Alexander: Joah, you can delete that file. The As I told you it's an internal file created while the File Vault is active and you create a new vault.

System: This conversation has been idle for the last 6 minutes. In order to be able to increase responsiveness for our valuable customers this conversation will automatically close after the next 2 minutes.

joah: Ah ok, so if i remove it and afterward create a new Vault, can i choose it's location?

joah: By the way, i'd like to mention that i like BD TS 09 a lot, so far.
:)
Perhaps you can consider this "problem" i a future update...

joah: Oh, come to think of it, can i hide it?

Alexander: After you will delete it will not appear anymore.

joah: but everything will still function?

joah: the Vault as well?

Alexander: Yes . I testes right now. I deleted the Binaries folder from my computer then created a new file vault. Everything is working fine.

joah: Ok, odd problem though... thanks for your help. I shall post this chat on the forum to help others.

Alexander: You are welcome, Joah.

Alexander: May I assist you with other information at the moment?

joah: no thanks, if i have other questions i'll come back. thanks for the perfect support!!!!

Alexander: You are welcome, Joah. Have a nice day.