Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Home Network Firewall Configuration

I am using BitDefender Internet Security v10 on my Windows XP Pro SP2 desktop. This box is behind a Belkin router. I am trying to add another PC running Ubuntu Linux using the Samba shared folder feature. This computer is also plugged into the Belkin router.

The issue: If the firewall is enabled, the Windows and Ubuntu PCs cannot communicate either way. If I disable the firewall the Samba share feature works just fine. So I am figuring that I must need some kind of adjustment to the firewall settings. Bitdefender does not ask me if I want to allow this connection, it simply blocks it.

How would I go about giving Bitdefender permission? I am reasonably handy with PCs but a beginner at home networks.

Thanks for the help.

Comments

• I am using BitDefender Internet Security v10 on my Windows XP Pro SP2 desktop. This box is behind a Belkin router. I am trying to add another PC running Ubuntu Linux using the Samba shared folder feature. This computer is also plugged into the Belkin router.

The issue: If the firewall is enabled, the Windows and Ubuntu PCs cannot communicate either way. If I disable the firewall the Samba share feature works just fine. So I am figuring that I must need some kind of adjustment to the firewall settings. Bitdefender does not ask me if I want to allow this connection, it simply blocks it.

How would I go about giving Bitdefender permission? I am reasonably handy with PCs but a beginner at home networks.

Thanks for the help.

Bump

• Bump

So it seems like there is not even an acknowledgment to help or not to help on my particular issue. Add me to the list of customers who will not update.