Internet Security 2009: Clicking Icon Doesn't Open Application

I've recently installed Internet Security 2009 but when I click the icon in the taskbar it doesn't open the program. Also clicking it in the program list on the start menu doesn't do anything. Sometimes it works but usually not. Very annoying!

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit

Comments

• I've recently installed Internet Security 2009 but when I click the icon in the taskbar it doesn't open the program. Also clicking it in the program list on the start menu doesn't do anything. Sometimes it works but usually not. Very annoying!

I'm running Vista Ultimate 64 bit

This happened to me as well. I know nothing about Vista(I have XP Pro), but what I did was to go to 'programmes' in 'my documents' and find the BD icon(shortcut) and send this to my desktop.

This worked for me, hope it does for you too. :)

• This happened to me as well. I know nothing about Vista(I have XP Pro), but what I did was to go to 'programmes' in 'my documents' and find the BD icon(shortcut) and send this to my desktop.

This worked for me, hope it does for you too. :)

Thanks, I've got it working now. But now it's replaced by an equally annoying problem; I get the message that there is 1 issue: when I click on "Fix this issue" it shows that I've never done a scan for malware. So when I click "Fix" it should start scanning but nothing happens. When I close the window and manually try to do a scan nothing happens either. This software is meant to protect my computer but it looks like it can't even do a scan for viruses! Can't they do it right for once? I'm going to uninstall this rubbish and go back to version 2008!

• Sure, uninstall failed, the uninstall and repair tool now says it's only valid for installed programs and it disappeared from the Windows Uninstall list.

This is the last time I've ever renewed my license. I've never had so many trouble with multiple releases of 1 single program.

• Hello Nisei,

This is only a user forum.

You need to use this uninstall tool. The other tool is for 32 bit versions of windows. You need to run the tool 2x. Once before the reboot and after the reboot before reinstalling.

Please download microsoft installer cleanup. Install it and run it search for entries that BitDefender Internet Security 2009, or just numbers in this format 12.X.XX.X , select that entry and press on remove.

First remove the previous versions with the tool mentioned here. After you ran that tool reboot your pc. Download and install the newest microsoft.net framework version.

Kind regards,

Niels

• Niels, thanks for your support. But please read your post again; do you really think it's normal we have to go through all these steps just to install a non-working program?

I remember all the trouble I had when BD2008 had just arrived. Now BD2009 has been released and again there's all these problems. A security program should give people the idea that their computer is protected but when there's so many problems it's doing the opposite.