Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Issues Bd 2009 & Vista 64

Options

I have ran BD 2009 with pretty good results on Vista 32, however I just recently reloaded my machine with vista 64 to take advantage of more ram and I have started noticing issues where "VSSERV" service will stop running or the security center console will not open. Does anybody have any those on these issues.

Comments

• Yes, I am having the same problem. Am getting no satisfaction from support either.

• Add me to the list of the frustrated. I jumped through all of the hoops:

- Downloaded their logging tools

- Wait for the next time it dies, capture the logs, mail them in

- Get the advice to uninstall everything, disable windows defender, reinstall everything

Now I get even more crashes of vsserv.exe, and it's driving me nuts.

I am starting to suspect the autoupdate settings - When I switched over to "Prompt before installing updates", it started asking to install quite frequently (every hour or so). When I got sick of clicking ok every hour, I switched in back to silent update mode, where it then died a short time later.

Neither option seems very good. :-(

My XP 32 machines are able to run BitDefender quite well, but Vista x64 performance is totally unacceptable.