Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Problems On Bitdefender For Win7

Options

I install Win7 beta(64 Bit) and Bitdefender IS 2009.But Bitdefender cannot update automatically and an error occur.

I hope to get the support.

post-20807-1232072088_thumb.jpg

Comments

• wrust
    edited January 2009
    Options

I have tried to change the http://upgrade.bitdefender.com/ to http://upgrade1.bitdefender.com/ The result is no effect.

• I hope to get the support :huh:

• Eh........I want to get help,Sorry,I have very poor English。

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

Winodws 7 is in development and in every moment big changes can occur.I suggest you to wait for the final Windows 7 when all vendors will start delivering suppport.Windows 7 may not even be released official, if for example , hypothetically speaking , Microsoft go bankrupt .No vendor will lose time and money investing in something not officialy launched.

• BitDefender wasn't built for Windows 7 platform please wait for some more information about launching a version fully compatibile with the new Beta OS.

• wrust
    edited January 2009
    Options

Thank you for answer.

• There must be some sort of solution, Win7 is very similar to Vista in a sense of compatibility. Now its hard to agree with Sm3K3R, because lots of vendors have been working with Microsoft to get win right this time, like Nvidia who even has first set of drivers ready. Win7 is really stable and smooth, considering its a beta. So far all the other programs are working including games, even older ones. So I hope somebody will find a way around with bitdefender.

The problems I have are:

- Cant enable Firewall

- Cant update

• Lumpy996
    edited January 2009
    Options

Seems that removed, removed and the dreaded removed all ensured they had packages ready for Win7. It certainly will gian them market share, as people will use them now since they can't use BitDefender, which I certainly would prefer to use.

I hope BD gets in on this soon. My subs are up for renewal and I can't justify renewing for a product that won't work on the OS I'm using. Yes, I'm using the Win7 beta, because is has so far been extremely stable and I have no problems with it at all, which I can't say for VISTA. My only complaint is that I have to use removed with it.

Cheers,

Lumpy

• [HavoK]
    edited January 2009
    Options

It's a shame that BitDefender team looks like to not be worried about Windows Seven compatibility issues. I've got the Firewall enabled and i feel a little bit more safe, but without updates i feel very bad about that, Downloading the "weekly.exe" updates is a bit lame and shameful for such great software. Nothing against, but EVEN removed IS W7 COMPATIBLE. Even removed. :rolleyes: Last week I've received a computer with AVG and it was filled with virus, its core exe's were infected and installing BitDefender trial solved it. Now that infectable anti-virus is available and compatible with the upcoming Windows Seven. Nod32 is also available, according to some reports. Oh by the way.. Microsoft doesn't seems to be going to break up. I suggest ( not that my suggestion be important or whatsoever ) that the BitDefender team start working with the compatibility on W7, not just to make us, humble windows 7 users, virus-free and safe, but at least to show up on Microsoft's list of Compatible antivirus... think of a free ad.

• pcbugfixer
    Options

G'Day wrust - (G'Day = Australian slang for Hallo)

There is nothing wrong with your English, "david beckham" was making a joke because of the bad reputation that BD Support has with not answering help / support emails.

Question on updating, - Will the manual update work ?

If it does, then obviously you will need to do this untill BD catches up with their development of BD for Vista and MS 7.

:ph34r:

• [HavoK]
    edited January 2009
    Options

Manual update does work, but its too lame, i paid to not worry with problems related to viruses.

Thought Bitdefender team were pro. removed will be my next buy.

// moderator edit: one more post with adversise to pther companied and you are out of business on this forum

• Lumpy996
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Manual update does work, but its too lame, i paid to not worry with problems related to viruses.

Thought Bitdefender team were pro. Kaspersky will be my next buy.

If your looking for a high maintenance package, removed will do for Win7, but "in my experience only" on a dozen machines here running Win7, the only one that is running well, without alot of messing around, is the dreaded removed. Never believed I would say that.

I guess I've been counting on Bit Defender for too long to make my life easy. I agree, removed seems to be the move for now, but it is a pain setting it up for each scenario. It doesn't like some of my spam software and is really being a pain with the systems set up on my Windows Home Server network. Nothing that can't be fixed with a little patience. (not one of my better virtues)

Come on BD........... your missing a great marketing opportunity by being on the MS list early in this long aticipated OS launch.

• Unknown
    edited January 2009
    Options

I am using W7 as my primary OS now as well. Up until yesterday BD AV 2009 was working 100%. I cannot update today although.

From a standpoint of a consumer I do understand that its hard for a company to justify the time spent producing a product for a Beta OS. BUT other manufactures are currently offering a product doing that very thing. If BitDefender wants to play with the big boys then they need to be on the leading edge of the security community. The excuse that its to expensive is BS and we all know it. And if BD honestly thinks this way than you might as well close up shop and sell the assets to Norton.

The architecture of W7 is based as a upgrade to the vista platform. Meaning its based off the same platform. Malicious groups will be testing W7 Beta for holes as we read this. So BD needs to be learning about how to fill the holes.

Lets face it, grandma and the guy down the street that just got the internets is not going to be using a Beta OS. Its us tech geeks that are using it. And if you look at the market share of who buys BD I bet you will find its the more tech savy consumers that are buying it. NOT Grandma and that guy down the street because they use what came on the computer, or what the sales guy (or Gal) could push on them when in the store (such as the $$$ removed crap)

Get with the program, This problem with updates could be a glitch that fixes itself in a day or so with more Beta updates from MS but the attitude that because this is a Beta OS it wont be supported until its "Offical" release wont fly. IMO

get off the bench and into the game BD... Other players have already started scooping up market share that has been laid on your doorstep.

• You should be reading this http://www.malwarecity.com/blog/windows-7-...issues-335.html

You should also take in to consideration that BitDefender doesn't say in any place, description, eula, whatever you want that is compatible with Windows 7. Also Win7 isn't just a Vista with fewer "bloatware", who ever told you this is mistaking.

• Where can I get the manual updates? That would do until they get things sorted.

• Again, think about making BitDefender Win7 compatible only to get a free AD at Microsoft's site, ain't it good?

I've just moved to the other AV I've mentioned that i was going to buy and I've almost got banned for (IMO not big deal because EVERYBODY knows it exists, its far more popular than BD.) and honestly I dislike it. False positive IDs, slow downs, slow scan, not as safe as BD.. but updates. Anything updated is better than any outdated AV. Even that other-av-that-i-cannot-mention that have three letters.

SURE it didn't say "LOOK! IM W7 COMPATIBLE" or anything else, but thousands of other sofware ARE W7 compatible. Okay that the engineering of an antivirus is tottaly different than a game or a archive compressing software, but look out there: many AVs are compatible! Why BD isn't? Sure you guys are doing a GREAT, OUTSTANDING job protecting XP and Vista users from malware, I must say. But what about us, Windows 7 users? ( Thanks for the manual updates, but it ain't confortable. Link for Knowledge Base of Offline updates on the bottom of my post. )

Someone said about grandmas and random guys. Think about that AD on Google:

ANTIVIRUS ABC: Windows XP, Windows Vista, Windows Seven.

ANTIVIRUS BITDEF.: Windows XP, Windows Vista.

Price: Same

I dont know about you guys, but if I didn't know about the power of Bitdefender, i woulda buy the ABC antivirus. Like, I would think that: "Wow, what's that? Windows Seven? Cool, If I buy this one, I'm protected even if I upgrade my O.S.! And that other one.. got some prizes and all, It's good but I don't know any companies that gave him that prizes but I do know Microsoft. I'm gonna buy ABC."

I've asked to a friend, and honestly she doesn't even know the difference between a Monitor and a PC, I talked about a AV with W7 support and Bitdefender and asked which one she would buy.

"Lol I dont know any but i would go with the one with W7 support, its an advantage, right?"

I think W7 will be released in a month and whoever talks with me about which AV they must buy, I say "XP or Vista, BitDefender. Windows Seven, -my almost-ban reason-"

It's not my company and I'm not getting any profit on it. Do whatever you guys wish.

I only recommend making it compatible, and Hey, it looks like not hard, seems like its only the update feature, because Windows 7 doesn't trust on BD and blocks its Internet connection.

Thanks for the attention, and please, dont delete this post.

Manual Updates for BitDefender - Both 32 and 64 bits.

http://kb.bitdefender.com/KB27-en--How-to-update-BitDefender-using-weekly.exe.html

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

I have downloaded the offcial Windows 7 beta 32 bit version and tomorrow i will test personally how the BD 2008 and BD 2009 perform on my older computer .

I hope you have the offcial Windows 7 beta versions from this place : http://technet.microsoft.com/en-gb/evalcenter/dd353205.aspx

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    edited January 2009
    Options

BD 2008 doesnt work on my older MSI KT3Ultra2 + 1GBRAM + Barton 2600(1.9Ghz) + 2X PATA WD HDD(7200/8Mb) with Windows 7 beta 32 bit ,freezes computer on start up.We will just need to wait for a BD compatible version or for some patch to make BD 2009 perfectly usable :( .

• Manual Updates..

gives message: Error reading plugins path from registry. Running the 64-bit version.

Grateful for help, will otherwise have to resort to the you-know-which.

• Found a way.

For one thing: manual update does not work for BD 2009. That has been established before. Only wish BD could state that on the weekly.exe panel.

BUT who cares:

Installed 2008 on a Win7 64-bit version, and it updates by command, at least. Remains to be seen whether automatic updates works.

Otherwise the 2008 behaves acceptable on my configuration, as it seems. Some minor things like missing response in dialogue boxes and some display difficulties.

• ###### eh, Ironically seems like we need to downgrade to run BD on a recent O.S.

But idk, I think I've luckily been able to update from Manual Updates, here it works O.K, 64-Bit W7, maybe you need to run as Administrator?

Still remains my indignation about BD team ignoring us, paying customers. And ignoring themselves.

I thought that other printer brand with two letters had the worst customer support ever. I think I was wrong.

• You should be reading this http://www.malwarecity.com/blog/windows-7-...issues-335.html

You should also take in to consideration that BitDefender doesn't say in any place, description, eula, whatever you want that is compatible with Windows 7. Also Win7 isn't just a Vista with fewer "bloatware", who ever told you this is mistaking.

Not to start an argument but it is essentially vista under the hood. I installed vista drivers for my hardware and every other vista compatible software works perfect ( actually better then on vista) with the exception of BD. My wife's computer was so flaky with vista she had almost gave up using it until I installed Win 7 on it and it runs perfectly smooth, except for BD. I realize you don't have to support a beta OS but it just struck me as odd that that BD falied so I am guessing MS must have changed the way the security in Win 7 works compared to Vista.

I'd be more then willing to beta test any Win 7 compatible BD versions you guys come out with. :)

• Manual Updates..

gives message: Error reading plugins path from registry. Running the 64-bit version.

Grateful for help, will otherwise have to resort to the you-know-which.

I have the same issue. please post solution if found.

• I have the same issue. please post solution if found.

Did you run the "weekly.exe" as Administrator? Worked for me.

• Did you run the "weekly.exe" as Administrator? Worked for me.
  • Did you run the "weekly.exe" as Administrator? Worked for me.

Already tried running it as an Admin. No luck. Since it worked for you can you tell me what type of system you are on. I am running windows 7 on a Q6600 based pc with the 64-bit version of Bitdefender.

• Already tried running it as an Admin. No luck. Since it worked for you can you tell me what type of system you are on. I am running windows 7 on a Q6600 based pc with the 64-bit version of Bitdefender.

64Bits Windows 7 Beta Original on a 2.6GHz x2 AMD.. 64 BitDefender Total Security 2009 build 12.0.10

The only difference between us is two extra cores and from a different brand, tried over Safe Mode? Don't forget to enable the MSI service for safe mode.. here's the code; paste it on notepad, save it as "anythingyouwish.REG"

Windows Registry Editor Version 5.00

[HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SYSTEM\CurrentControlSet\Control\SafeBoot\Minimal\MSIServer]
    @="Service"

You see it only enables the MSIServer over safeboot, I think it gonna give you more acess to the computer, over safemode. Login as the Admin account, it's the same pass from your main account, and try to install over there. Good luck.

• frenchysdf
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi, I am also using Windows7 Beta, I did a clean install and bitdefender refuses to install. I am stuck at Downloading package 'bdav.msi' what ever I do it does not work [ie F8 mode administrator]. Does anyone has a clue? my licence ends in less than 30 days.

Edit: Changed clew to clue [Typing too fast]

• pcbugfixer
    Options

G'Day Folks,

For the BD update issues, try reading this post and suggested fix.

http://forum.bitdefender.com/index.php?showtopic=11751

• I hope to get the support !!!

• pcbugfixer
    Options

G'Day redkiller

You said

I hope to get the support !!!

Support for what please ?

• Hmmmm... For some reason it updated on my lappy ( I paid for the product and I'm using it even if its not good as I desired ) only once. It just popped up the update screen and I was like "Finnaly they have read our complaints" but no it was one of those random miracles God throw to people. Didn't update anymore.

SO WHAT THIS MEANS: Bitdefender 2009 IS W7 Compatible, just need some work on a (probably) poor coding.

• fgagnon
    edited February 2009
    Options

Hi,

I have the no update problem, too.

I posted in the BD2009 forum, but got no help and no response other than "wait until summer"

The 64-bit BD2009 AV installed ok after downloading and running the latest .msi installer.

System: 64 bit Windows 7 beta build 7000 on a HP laptop with Intel Core Duo cpu using a dual boot configuration alongside Vista.

The real time file zone shows and reports it activity as I have seen on XP and Vista.

I checked out the EICAR standard test file** and BD identified it immediately -- so I know BD is functional on W7. :)

** Google for it, the forum does not allow me to post a link to it.

But, in addition to the to update failure, the main BD GUI does not show, neither Basic nor Advanced view.

As a result, the article posted by pcbugfixer is useless, as I cannot get past step 3. :(

And the weekly update process also does not work.

Fortunately, I do not have a critical need for Windows 7. I am just running it "for evaluation", and I keep BD2009 fully up to date when I boot the machine to Vista.

Given the situation I have no major gripe with BD's lack of compatibility with W7 at this time.

What I am *most* disapponted with is BD's apparent total lack of initiative towards working with users on the issues. Especially appalling is lack of communication and lack of regular 'presence' on the forum to explain what's happening and suggest manual workarounds, etc.

From that complacency I fully understand why formerly faithful users will likely be deserting BD over this. I might even consider joining them if this keeps up for another month.

-fg-

• Here's semi-positive report:

While BD(x64) will not update on my 64-bit laptop running Win7 beta, ...

I have now installed Win7 beta(x86) on my 32-bit desktop machine:

The 32-bit version of BD2009 installed and updated without a hitch. :)

So the non-update issue appears to be confined to 64-bit products -- but cannot tell whether the root problemis with 64-bit BD2009 or with 64-bit Win7; however, the bottom line is that they don't play well together. :o

-fg-