Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bit Defender 10 & Vista

Options

Hello. I purchased Bit Defender 10 on 12 May 2007 to run on my Vista powered desktop and laptop

I've finally had enough of receiving error messages that Bit Defender has stopped working every hour. The program clearly isn't Vista complient as I was led to believe by your site. And yes I know that it actually hasn't stopped working but hey Norton AV on my wife's laptop works with Vista.

I shouldn't have to be a computer guru to make it work with Vista.

I'll be removing Bit Defender and going back to Norton AV. At least I know it works and the firewall seems to be a lot smarter. Pity as the Bit Defender Anti Spam worked really well.

post-2776-1183751142_thumb.jpg

post-2776-1183751159_thumb.jpg

Comments

• Niels
    Options
  • 3DKiwi
    Options

Thanks for the reply. I've seen these. Neither gives any information to stop the warning message popping up. It's also been a while since Bit Defender gave the official announcement about Vista compatibility. Some sort of update of progress seems long overdue.

Wonder if I can get my money back? I doubt it.

• Niels
    Options

Hello 3DKiwi

So you tried this? : Try this rightclick on computer,properties,advanced system settings,settings,data execution protection,Turn on DEP for all programs and services except those I select. Press on the add button,now browse to X:\Program Files\Softwin\BitDefender10\vsserv.exe (Change x by the letter where you installed vista on) I only posted the path when you don't have changed the path during installation) press on open and after that on ok.

What version are you using of BitDefender? To verify that open BitDefender go to general,info(rmation),productinformation it should be build 247. Other builds aren't compatible. Other programs have also this issues that vista incorrectly says that a service is stopped.

Regards

Niels

• 3DKiwi
    Options

Hi Niels. Thanks for your help. I'm running build 247. Just done what you've suggested. I'll see how things go.

Yes I've had problems with other programs and Vista this year but generally the software developer has by now provided an updated version to work on Vista.

Cheers

3DKiwi

• Niels
    Options

Hello 3DKiwi

I agree with your statement. But at the moment Softwin (BitDefender) is busy with their new version where a bèta is available since some time. So they will not make a new build. But normally I think that they also have fixed that problem.

Regards

Niels

• 3DKiwi
    Options

Problem solved. Softwin have contacted by email and are issuing a refund.

What you had me do did improve things somewhat with reduced messages that Bit Defender had stopped working but not entirely.

Thanks for your help.

3DKiwi

• Niels
    Options

Hello 3DKiwi

It's normal behaviour that when there is an update all bitdefender services are restarted. But I agree that it's annoying that vista keeps reporting it. These are more vista related problems. But you made your decission. Glad that I could offer some help.

Regards

Niels