Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Still No Response From Support (after 3 Weeks)

Options

I have used Bitdefender for over 2 years now and in general, once setup, it works quite well.

However I am less enamoured of the more recent 2009 version. It is much more intrusive - with no real extra benefit. It also adds about 3 minutes to my boot time. Most important of all, it doesn’t seem to protect my system very well.

Just 2 days after Christmas, my work laptop became infected by a series of Trojans and worms, all sourced from RealAV. I immediately did a scan but Bitdefender didn't find or remove anything (?) – even though it was now totally controlled by several Trojans. My first question is "How could this happen?"

I then tried to send an email to their support and this is where I got problems. Bitdefender has now instituted a very poor 'help yourself' support facility. I am sure this is in order to save costs (by preventing access to their support). Regardless of this, it is ineffective, difficult to use and ultimately useless.

I finally managed to navigate my way past this and sent an email documenting the problem to Bitdefender Support. I duly received an auto response telling me they would get back to me within 48 hours. Well despite setting their level of service very low, they still haven’t managed to meet this. In fact it is now 21 days later and they still haven’t contacted me.

In the meantime, the Trojans totally took over the pc and I was forced to reinstall it from scratch. So, all in all, I was wondering, if I was protected by Bitdefender, how did I get infected in the first place?

Looking at their site and this forum there is no mention of this type of Trojan, but I did find out about it from all of the other vendor’s sites. Anyway, once I was infected, I expected Bitdefender support to help me fix things and instead I was simply ignored.

Update:

I have now contact 'support' three times. So far I have received onse sinlge response, tellin gme that my feedback would be noted and passed on the the appropriate person.

After 3 weeks, I have STILL HAD NO RESPONSE FROM SUPPORT.

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

Nice novel, but what about some real and exact data.

You say you had trojans in your computer, what trojans and how did you know you have them?

Add those files to your post so to be examined!

• I looked up into your problem and it seems that you have "resolved" you problems in a more "brutal" way.

So this can be closed.

This discussion has been closed.