Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bitdefender Using Kaspersky Engine?!

Options

Hello,

I have a doubt i would like to have sorted out.

I constantly hear that BitDefender uses Kaspersky engine. Is this true?

Thanks in advance,

MC

Comments

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options

No ,it doesnt!

Maybe your confusions are generated by some multi engine antivirus software that use both BD and K.. engines.

BD engine is much faster and has better proactive ,opposed to K.. that is based on definitions and has a slower proccesing speed.

• No ,it doesnt!

Maybe your confusions are generated by some multi engine antivirus software that use both BD and K.. engines.

BD engine is much faster and has better proactive ,opposed to K.. that is based on definitions and has a slower proccesing speed.

lol Wouldn't BitDefender users like to think so.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    lol Wouldn't BitDefender users like to think so.

:o Maybe you should run a deep on demand scan with BD and then with K...

If you enable every feature for the on demand scanner in K.. you will notice that it takes days compared to few hours in BD case.As for proactive, look in official tests.K... is mostly a definition based antivirus.Their detection is decreasing with every test also.

The BD real time scanner is also faster than any K... version. :D

• :o Maybe you should run a deep on demand scan with BD and then with K...

If you enable every feature for the on demand scanner in K.. you will notice that it takes days compared to few hours in BD case.As for proactive, look in official tests.K... is mostly a definition based antivirus.Their detection is decreasing with every test also.

The BD real time scanner is also faster than any K... version. :D

And what of BitDefender's heuristics? They could certainly omprove on that as nod32 seems to outrate them in that field.