Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Solutions And Options

Options

Hello,

It’s been almost a year since I’ve needed to post on this forum and I just dropped in, to see how things are progressing since my last visit.

I see there are some old and some new volunteer moderators on the forum. KUDOS to you all! You occupy valiant and extremely frustrating positions. Why you guys do it, I’ll never know.

**Cris, I’m sorry to read that your planned employment at BitDefender did not come to fruition. :( It’s BitDefender’s loss, to be sure!**

For those BitDefender users whom have found it necessary to find and use this forum, I have some simple questions, solutions and options for you.

When you bought or got your copy of BitDefender, were you looking for a viable piece of software or were you looking for a new hobby to while away your idle hours? Were you looking for a reliable and fully functioning anti-virus product, or were you looking for a piece of software that you could spend hours/weeks/months, customizing and trying to make it look and work they way you and/or the software company want it to?

Were you looking for an avenue to further your knowledge of computer science, or were you simply looking for a good, solid antivirus product for your computer?

Both are equally valid reasons for acquiring any software product, as long as you know beforehand, what the ultimate outcome is likely to be.

I qualify and acknowledge that NO ANTIVIRUS PRODUCT, regardless of manufacturer, WORKS ON EVERY CONFIGURATION OF EVERY OPERATING SYSTEM!

But I also qualify that some antivirus products do appear to be much more forgiving and much more user friendly than others.

When it comes to selecting ANY PRODUCT, a good search engine is your best friend!

Type in the name of the product along with the words “forum” or “complaints”, into your favourite search engine and do a bit of research before you decide to trial or purchase any product. This simple task can save you unimaginable heartache, frustration and money.

I see that BitDefender v.12 generates many of the same complaints that earlier versions did, along with a host of new complaints. I also see that once again, BD has once again, released a new version before they got most of the kinks out of the previous versions.

I also see that BitDefender Customer Support **If you can contact them** continues to offer the same LAME solutions.

-REBOOT your computer.

-UNINSTALL all other antimalware products.

-UNINSTALL with the SPECIAL UNINSTALL TOOL and REINSTALL.

--UPGRADE to the new “more gooder”,” most superest” version!

And the most unbelievable solution to date!- DOWNGRADE to the previous version!

For many people on this forum, BitDefender continues to get it WRONG and BitDefender leaves the valiant volunteers on this forum to take the heat and to twist in the wind. It’s not fair to you, nor is it fair to the unpaid volunteers!

For those of you whom are having continued problems with your copy of BitDefender, take a moment to read back through old threads on this forum and then ask yourself, “Is it really worth the frustration and the danger of infection?”

Consider this...

Maybe your machine is one of those machines that BitDefender just won’t work on.

Is it worth the time, the trouble and the expense to continue down the BitDefender path?

There are many other excellent antivirus programs out there. At least one of them is sure to work, without problems, on your machine.

I know it can be difficult, but sometimes the only worthwhile solution is to look to other options.

For those interested, you can read about my 2007-2008 BitDefender experiences and my personal solutions... Visit My BD Thread

Cheers & Best Wishes

Orphan

Comments

• kungfu
    edited January 2009
    Options
    Hello,

It’s been almost a year since I’ve needed to post on this forum and I just dropped in, to see how things are progressing since my last visit.

I see there are some old and some new volunteer moderators on the forum. KUDOS to you all! You occupy valiant and extremely frustrating positions. Why you guys do it, I’ll never know.

There are many other excellent antivirus programs out there. At least one of them is sure to work, without problems, on your machine.

I know it can be difficult, but sometimes the only worthwhile solution is to look to other options.

For those interested, you can read about my 2007-2008 BitDefender experiences and my personal solutions... Visit My BD Thread

Cheers & Best Wishes

Orphan

Hello Orphan,

After reading your link it was quite scary ,Had a Deja Vu with my own problems,

But the most scaring was this was a YEAR ago , and the replies were the same as it is this year,mostly Uninstall/reinstall wished I read the forum then...

It seems the new versions Bitdefender put out are only ready for prime time after a Year (how long is the 2009 version out ?) and when the new version comes out then the trouble = Bugs start ALL Over again.

• Hello Orphan,

After reading your link it was quite scary ,Had a Deja Vu with my own problems,

But the most scaring was this was a YEAR ago , and the replies were the same as it is this year,mostly Uninstall/reinstall wished I read the forum then...

It seems the new versions Bitdefender put out are only ready for prime time after a Year (how long is the 2009 version out ?) and when the new version comes out then the trouble = Bugs start ALL Over again.

Hello kungfu,

Hopefully someone can save themselves some aggravation and benefit from my ancient, less than ideal BitDefender experiences.

Fighting and fretting over a malfunctioning product is real waste of time, effort and money. A malfunctioning antivirus product is outright dangerous! Asking customers with less than protected machines to be patient, is mindless! Viruses, Trojans, Rootkits and Spyware wait for no one!

The competition is fierce and there are are lots of quality competitors who would be more than happy to have your business. ;-)

Regardless of what the moderators here would have you believe, many of the free antivirus products perform nearly as well as paid versions. They just don't have all of the bells and whistles that the paid versions have. These are the same optional bells and whistles that are causing the BD customers and BD volunteers so many headaches!

The forum was in sad shape a year ago, but with BitDefender version-12 being such a stinker, the forum appears to be in much worse shape now. :-( Just look at the number of unresloved issues, the number of unhappy customers and the dwindling number of responses from the

mega-frustrated volunteers!

BD version-10 was buggier than BD version-9, BD version-11 was buggier than BD version-10 and now BD has really outdone themselves with version-12 which is buggier than all previous versions! Is this what BitDefender considers to be progress and good business practice?

In my honest opinion, what BitDefender is propagating, is one small notch above fraud!

BitDefender should be spending a lot more time/money on producing a quality product and supplying quality customer support and a lot less time and money on propaganda and marketing.

Repeat customers come back again and again, and word-of-mouth advertising is immensely powerful.

BitDefenders antivirus engine is very good, but the antivirus packages they offer and the customer support they offer are NOT of the same impeccable quality. If it weren't for the volunteers here, BD customers would have nothing at all in the way of support!

It is so sad that BitDefender chooses to rely on the limited knowledge and the limited abilities of volunteers to support their customers.

It is also sad that BitDefender has chosen to associate itself with a problematic software distributor like D-R.

These facts speak immensely about BitDefenders business character and business morality.

If BitDefender works for you, then use it. If it doesn't, then stop squawking and get rid of it! Move forward and find a competitors product that does work. It's that painless and it's that easy, and there are many, many good products to choose from.

Don't put yourself through what I went through! Life is too short to be spent fretting and fighting. Your solutions are only limited by your thinking. The options are endless, once you swallow your pride and open your mind.

Good Luck and Safe Computing!

Cheers

Orphan

• Hello Orphan,

Have given up too, After using previous Bitdefender versions with pleasure the 2009 Range has to be the Worst AV produkt there is on the Market.

Have swithed to Norton 2009 and the rest it gives is unbelievable,

Everything works,the scans not freezing,the Icon in the system tray Always start up,No filling the Harddrive up out of its own ,No more Bitdefender stopped working ,Google Email starts up direct Etc , Etc, Etc.................

You were right Life is too short to be spent fretting and fighting Can finally enjoy my PC again without uninstalling/reinstalling every week