Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Needs To Function After Expiration!

Options
JGray152
edited January 2009 in General talk

This is the ONLY AV software that I have used that will NOT protect your computer AT ALL, all services shut off, when the program expires!!!!!

During this economy, we are struggling for money and we opted out of resubscribing. Figuring the AV will still protect us but we won't be up to date on the definitions. THATS BAD ENOUGH!!! BUT TO DISABLE AV ALTOGETHER!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

HORRIBLE!!! BUSINESS PRACTICE!!!!!

If I didn't like BD so much this would have sent me over the edge to someone else. I am so ###### off that you guys are that ###### greedy!!!! Most of the time you can't even create a update without bugs because you have people all over the place coding it and you think your software weighs that much in gold to disable the entire thing when it expires?

I hope I don't get a virus while I am low on money. Good rep for bitdefender!

Comments

• i'd then say uninstall BD and go for a free alternative

• I installed the BD trail version instead untill I can afford to get the subscription again.

I shouldn't have to do this.

• It's not even about the money. It's about your PC being protected all the time. It simply unacceptable that only because your licence expired your PC is all of a sudden in danger of getting a virus. What if I'm on a business trip and I don't have the time to go through the process of extending my licence. So I sit there working over my stuff while being connected to a public WLAN and all of a sudden my licence expires and *dang* my PC is all of a sudden a welcome target to all the internet worms of the world.

I had a brief discussion about the topic with Bitdefenders customer support who wouldn't help me. As a result, after using it for several years, I uninstalled Bitdefender and now I use Norton AV. I will not go back to Bitdefender no matter what they do in the future but that was entirely their decision.

• Sm3K3R
    Sm3K3R ✭✭✭
    Options
    It's not even about the money. It's about your PC being protected all the time. It simply unacceptable that only because your licence expired your PC is all of a sudden in danger of getting a virus. What if I'm on a business trip and I don't have the time to go through the process of extending my licence. So I sit there working over my stuff while being connected to a public WLAN and all of a sudden my licence expires and *dang* my PC is all of a sudden a welcome target to all the internet worms of the world.

I had a brief discussion about the topic with Bitdefenders customer support who wouldn't help me. As a result, after using it for several years, I uninstalled Bitdefender and now I use Norton AV. I will not go back to Bitdefender no matter what they do in the future but that was entirely their decision.

BitDefender is not charity my friend.BD tells you before it expires so its imposible to forget.Its a payed product so if you want it working buy licence.

There are a lot of free firewall alternatives, to stop worms ,in case you are using a BD suite with firewall (that after expiration gets disabled).

With a 3-rd party firewall installed you ll be safe enough and worm free untill you aquire another licence.

BD needs you to buy licence so they continue mantain the product.People that work for BD work for money not for free.

• I know from experience when helping people with their computers where they have bought a computer with a trial version of some antivirus program. The program updates for 3 month after which it starts a popup warning the trial has expired and will not get updated anymore. People selects to disable the popup warning and continues using the antivirus program that does not get updated. I have seen computers where the antivirus program has not been updated for 3 years while people think they are protected leading to a computer filled with all kinds of malware (often this is the reason I had to visit them in the first place). IMHO it's much better the antivirus program stops working and clearly notifies the user that the program is not working and suggests getting a antivirus program ASAP as the computer is not protected.

• aidler
    edited February 2009
    Options
    BitDefender is not charity my friend.BD tells you before it expires so its imposible to forget.Its a payed product so if you want it working buy licence.

Nowhere did I say that I expect BidDefender to be charity.

@all

What I expect of BitDefender is that it behaves just like any antivirus/firewall software and that is that it not ceases to work after the so called license has expired. By doing that it putts the user in grave danger. It is entirely my decision to acquire a new license but if I do not it needs to continue working nevertheless. I did not rent BidDefender I bought it and together with it I bought updates for two years and that’s what expired not the program.

• Nowhere did I say that I expect BidDefender to be charity.

@all

What I expect of BitDefender is that it behaves just like any antivirus/firewall software and that is that it not ceases to work after the so called license has expired. By doing that it putts the user in grave danger. It is entirely my decision to acquire a new license but if I do not it needs to continue working nevertheless. I did not rent BidDefender I bought it and together with it I bought updates for two years and that’s what expired not the program.

aidler,

Contrary to what you may think; what you actually purchased was A LICENSE to use the software for a PRE-DETERMINED AMOUNT OF TIME.

READ the E.U.L.A. !!!

Cheers

Orphan