More Antiphishing Proplems

Hi, I have been reading all the remarks about AntiPhishing not working correctly, a problem that I still suffer with. Can anyone tell me if the problem has been cured, and if it has what should I do to cure mine. The same fault occures on both Firefox and IE8.

Comments

• Hi Kilgetty, in my opinion, it is sometimes better to post in the same thread where other members have similar problems.

Reread Antiphishing Thread about speaking with live chat or other solutions members have used.

• Hi Kilgetty, in my opinion, it is sometimes better to post in the same thread where other members have similar problems.

Reread Antiphishing Thread about speaking with live chat or other solutions members have used.

Your reply does not really answer my question. As I said I have read all the remarks that had been posted but as the last post was on the 24th January I assumed that the fault had been cured otherwise there would have been more complaints. I have tried contacting BitDefender without any success. I think I will go back to Total Security 2008.

• I only made the suggestion because your initial post was similar to others posted in that thread and your post provided no explicit or specific information that other members here can use to possibly assist you... except that you had a similar problem. So many posters here start new threads about similar subjects and wonder why members ignore or don't respond.

I am not sure which country you reside in. From what I have observed here, the particular servers that are accessed can impact on how updates work. I am not saying this with an authority- it's just an observation.

You mentioned you have made contact with Bitdefender? Can you please give some more info? You have to be persistent with them because it does take a few days before they respond. Admittedly, sometimes they do get lazy with their responses. BD didn't reply formallywhen this problem was corrected.

Another aspect to consider: have you tried removing BD and doing a fresh install? Sadly, there have been a few times I have done that because it was quicker than 'waiting' for a reply or solution.

Finally, my brother has TS 2008 and has said he only had a problem in the begining until he reformatted his hardrive and did a fresh install. Since then, he has never had a problem with 2008. I am not suggesting you need to go to such extremes, but regarding TS 2008, I think the product has less issues than TS 2009.

• I have sent an email to BitDefender but as yet not received a reply. I have also reinstalled Total Security 2009 but the AntiPhishing problem still persists. Never mind I only have 257 days left before my subscription runs out and then I will go elsewhere.