Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Total Security Vs Gamesafe

Options

Hi all! I happen to be the owner of a current and running subscription for Bitdefender Total Security 2009. Ive used Bitdefender for years, its always been the best for me. I just ran across a new Bitdefender product called Gamesafe. Im a major gamer, so I had some questions for the Bitdefender staff. I want to know-What is Gamesafe? What services does it provide? Which of these services (if any) are not provided by my BSTS2009? Finally, what, if any, benefits would I receive from running these two programs in tandem? Thanks!

Comments

• Hi there Lavarider.

BitDefender’s GameSafe keeps the impact on processing power, memory & virtual memory to a minimum, allowing gamers to maintain “in game” responsiveness and eliminating interruptions while playing games (online or not).

Basically GameSafe includes the Antivirus & Antispyware module, the Anti-Phishing module and the Firewall which are all optimized for gamers, but it does not include features from the Total Security such as online backup, registry cleaner and others.

I don't believe it is recommended to run both Total Security and GameSafe in the same time. Pick one and stick to it, as the AV module is basically the same. It depends if you can give up on the other features Total Security includes. :) Hope it helps.

• Hi there Lavarider.

BitDefender’s GameSafe keeps the impact on processing power, memory & virtual memory to a minimum, allowing gamers to maintain “in game” responsiveness and eliminating interruptions while playing games (online or not).

Basically GameSafe includes the Antivirus & Antispyware module, the Anti-Phishing module and the Firewall which are all optimized for gamers, but it does not include features from the Total Security such as online backup, registry cleaner and others.

I don't believe it is recommended to run both Total Security and GameSafe in the same time. Pick one and stick to it, as the AV module is basically the same. It depends if you can give up on the other features Total Security includes. :) Hope it helps.

Ok, actually, that does help a lot. Thanks for the response!