Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Windows Update With Bitdefender

Options

does BitDefender prevent windows from updating? ive NEVER had a problem updating windows untill i yesterday. i installed BitDefender this past weekend. Im wondering if it's blocking Windows update at all?

Please anyone help. thanks.

Comments

• why is it that 31 people saw the thread, but not one person answered? not one person knows? im begging you, please help!

• People read your post checking if it contains info they can use or seing if they might be able to help. If neither is the case they don't post.

Regarding your problem, have you tried manually updating at windows update? -It could be someting else is blocking your computer from accessing Windows Update/Microsoft Update.

• Orphan
    edited February 2009
    Options
    why is it that 31 people saw the thread, but not one person answered? not one person knows? im begging you, please help!

rick31,

See this thread... Related

Cheers

Orphan

• People read your post checking if it contains info they can use or seing if they might be able to help. If neither is the case they don't post.

Regarding your problem, have you tried manually updating at windows update? -It could be someting else is blocking your computer from accessing Windows Update/Microsoft Update.

thank you for your response . . . i have tried updating manually. no cigar. so do i need to disable it? and if so, how?

• Niels
    Options

Dear rick31,

You can try this open BitDefender, switch to advanced view,go to firewall section,rules,press on the add button now browse to the windows,system 32 folder and select wuauclt.exe press on open and allow connection. Do the same thing(create a new rule) for wupdmgr.exe and allow it also. I can't give an explanation why BitDefender firewall on some computers blocks windows update.

Kind regards,

Niels