Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Uidentified Virus

Options

A BitDefender scan has turned up a virus Win32.Warezov.DN@mm (this name has been pasted from the report). It said disinfection failed and removal failed. I searched BitDefender for this virus and it said no such document.

Any ideas what I should do?

Scan result attached

post-2903-1184292753_thumb.jpg

Comments

• AndreiASM
    edited July 2007
    Options

Warezov is a pretty dangerous worm. First of all, it creates exectutables in %system% directory and %windows% directory. It as an e-mail worm, and it has backdoor capabilities, which means that it can accept commands from a remote machine, and downloader capabilities (it downloads adware, trojans). It also edits the registry, so that it can start on every BOOT. This is the generic behaviour of Warezov family of worms. Your's may differ.

Since BD was unable to remove it in normal mode, do the following:

1. Reboot your PC in safe-mode, by pressing F8 continuosly on BOOT, untill a menu appears. Highlight Safe Mode and press enter.

2. Open a command prompt, and type in the following commands:

cd C:\Program Files\Common Files\Softwin\BitDefender Scan Server

and then

bdc /f /b /r /i /G /N /p

This will scan all your drives and will prompt you for an action when a malware is found.

If this fails as well, please locate the exact location of the worm, and see the instructions listed here.

EDITED: I have moved your topic to a more appropriate forum.

Andrei

• vlad
    Options

Please post the full path of the detected file. Warezov is a mass-mailing worm, and it may have ended up in your inbox without infecting anything yet.