Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd Total Security 2009

Options

Hello.

I recently installed Bit Defender on my virtual machine (to have a look at it before uninstalling my previous Internet Security suite) and everything worked out fine, everything ran correctly and there was a taskbar icon.

I uninstalled Norton 360 v2.0 on my real machine then installed Bit Defender Total Security 2009. After restarting it guided my through the configuration wizard then I noticed there was no Bit Defender icon in the taskbar. I browsed the forums here but they were more guided for other Bit Defender products such as different processes.

To get into the Bit Defender control panel (not sure what it's called but where you configure everything) I have to start the shortcut to seccenter.exe. Although I can now configure Bit Defender I would prefer to have the icon in my taskbar.

I tried resetting my taskbar settings, starting and stopping services, made sure no icons where being hidden and have even re-installed Bit Defender Total Security through the uninstaller and removal tool. No luck.

Any help would be great.

Comments

• Since I can't edit I'll have to make another post.

During startup I notice that seccenter.exe in Task Managers Processes tab hangs around 200-300k which isn't normal. If I end the process then start seccenter.exe again it goes to around 35,000k and displays it's control center.

I'll try re-installing BitDefender again but will still need help.

• Niels
    Options

Dear Davonator,

Can you please check if the terminal services startup type is set on automatic rather then on demand?

To do that:

1) Press the windows button together with r

2) Type the following in open (with): services.msc press enter or click on ok.

3)Right click on the terminal services

4)Choose properties

5)Change by startup type to automatic press on apply and ok.

6) Reboot your pc.

Kind regards,

Niels

• TKH
    Options
    Dear Davonator,

Can you please check if the terminal services startup type is set on automatic rather then on demand?

To do that:

1) Press the windows button together with r

2) Type the following in open (with): services.msc press enter or click on ok.

3)Right click on the terminal services

4)Choose properties

5)Change by startup type to automatic press on apply and ok.

6) Reboot your pc.

Kind regards,

Niels

Greetings Niels,

I made a similar post on the Wilder Security forum (I'm new there, here too). I saw from reading your replies to posts that you had great expertise with BitDefender. I'm a novice with all this (including IT).

I purchased BD Total Security 2008 as my first AV on my first computer (notebook) 7 months ago. Upgraded to 2009 and I am quite pleased with it's behaviour/protection/user-interface.

However, I get the problem with the icon in the taskbar since the upgrade: sometimes I click the icon to open BD settings, it loads (I can see the arrow spinning on Vista platform), but doesn't open. Neither from "prog Files".

I run Vista Home Premium. Don't know if that's got anything to do.

I read your post above, however I wished to ask you if this is what I shoud do to solve the issue?

PS. If you have time, could you kindly (briefly) explain to me "terminal services startup type" you mention above?

I appreciate any time you may give in responding.

Best regards,

TKH