Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Virus Identification/encyclopedia

Options

I have noticed a trend since becoming a registered user of bitdefender internet security v10. Over time, several malware(virus) samples have been indentified on my computers. However, when i use the user interface(tray popup) to obtain more information on the identified malware or virus, it is never able to locate a description for the identifed problem. More over, most of the times, I am unable to locate it in the encyclopledia. Is the encyclopedia updated? It sure helps have this information to help the user decide on any further action to take.

Comments

• There is no way they can keep a description for each malware program. They have descriptions for the most spread/dangerous malwares, but they can't keep track of every one. :)

Andrei

• alexcrist
    alexcrist
    edited July 2007
    Options

Hi pardontheinterruption,

As Andrei said, there are too many viruses and the BiDefender Team can't add all of them in the Encyclopedia.

But you have a choise: write down the name of the virus that BD blocked and make a search on the Internet using Google (or any other search engime. My personal favourite is DogPile). You'll find all the info that you need ;)

Cris.