Default Scan Time

My computer goes to sleep shortly after I do at night and isn't awake when the default scan time of 0200 comes along. When I wake it up in the morning it then starts to scan. (That's a good thing.) However, the scan takes a couple of hours during which time the computer is pretty slow. I'd like the scan to occur around the time I go to bed, then it can scan while I'm sleeping and be ready for work when I am.

Thanks.

Comments

• If you want to change the default scan time for version 2009 you can do this by opening BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus Scan - right click on the type of scan that you want to schedule and select "Schedule". There you can select the hour that you wish to use in order to run the scan.

Please note that if the computer is already in sleep mode at the time of the schedule then it will not run the scan at that hour, it will start running it only when you take the computer out of sleep mode.

• hew2nd
    edited February 2009

Perfect, thank you. Been looking all over for that.

If you want to change the default scan time for version 2009 you can do this by opening BitDefender - Advanced View - Antivirus - Virus Scan - right click on the type of scan that you want to schedule and select "Schedule". There you can select the hour that you wish to use in order to run the scan.

Please note that if the computer is already in sleep mode at the time of the schedule then it will not run the scan at that hour, it will start running it only when you take the computer out of sleep mode.

This discussion has been closed.