Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Email Protection In Bd Antivirus 2009

I'm new to BD AV 2009 and I'd like to know how my email is protected if I use Hotmail from MS windows. I can't seem to find a link or anything telling me how to set it up or anything on the opening BD screen that says how to protect my Email in real time. Is it a default thing or do I need to enable anything to protect my incoming mail?

Comments

• flandrei
    flandrei Bitdefender VPN Product Manager BD Staff
    edited February 2009

Hi there,

If you are using your Hotmail account in an email client like Outlook or Thunderbird, then you need to open BitDefender in the Advanced View, go to Antivirus->Shield and click on Custom Level. Here you need to enable scanning of incomming and outgoing emails. If you are using the web version of Hotmail(the one which you access from the Internet browser) then you do not need to set anything up, BitDefender will protect your PC against anything that might come in through your email. Also, I believe all your emails are scanned by Hotmail before you receive them, so in this case the protection is doubled.

Thanks,

Florin

• Thank You Very Much

This discussion has been closed.