Kindly be advised we cannot cancel subscriptions or issue refunds on the forum.
You may cancel your Bitdefender subscription from Bitdefender Central or by contacting Customer Support at: https://www.bitdefender.com/consumer/support/help/

Thank you for your understanding.

Bd 10 (11?) Vs. Bd Client Professional Plus 8

Options

I just got my licenses for Bit Defender Small Office Security.

I downloaded the new BitDefender_Small_Office_Security_EN.zip, dated 02-Jul-2007. Inside, in the BitDefender Client Security folder, I find bdem26, dated 13-Oct-2006. This is the same file I got with the version I downloaded for eval a month ago. It contains BD Client Professional Plus 8. The clients show "Build 8.0.2".

My question is this: Am I running the latest version? I don't want to do what will be (for me) a large-scale rollout if I don't have the current code.

Do the versions of the "non-pro" software not track with those of the "pro" software?

Comments

• alexcrist
    Options

Hi Jeff,

BitDefender Small Office Security is a security solutin for Small Business. It provides protection against malware and security management for file servers and workstations in a business environment.

BitDefender v10 (v11 will appear in a few months) is a security solution for Home users (for a single workstation). It doesn't provide protection for servers and/or networks.

The version number (BD Client Professional Plus 8 and BitDefender v10) are product versions. These two products don't have the same version number because they are different products.

As far as the detection goes, I assume that all BD products use the same engines and scanning technologies (I'm saying I assume because I don't work for BitDefender, so I could be wrong... but I doubt it).

Cris.